Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rambles

I'm going to apologize ahead of time and say that I am sorry that my blog will be about 90% wedding for the next month and a half (Umm...gottta do recaps...duh!).

I never wanted it to be all about the wedding, but this blog IS about my life, and right now my life pretty much centers around getting shit done for the wedding.

And trying not to freak out.

The past three nights I feel like I have been a prisoner of my house. Seriously. I go home. Start a project. Work on it until my eyes are crossed. And then call it a night. Sometimes dinner sneaks in there.

Last night we met with our DJ and got a bunch of stuff finalized. We picked songs for all the special moments and then completely blanked when he asked us what our ceremony music was. #Fail.

I have no clue. I told him to just pick something and then he kindly suggested that he could send me some ideas. He has a point. If he picks something ridiculous for when I walk down the aisle then I'm pretty sure that all of our pictures will have be giving him the stank eye as I walk by.

So back to the drawing board I go. This music thing is harder than it looks.

Doing wedding shit doesn't leave much time for anything else. Working out, hanging with friends, spending quality time with Big A (he's really good about hanging with me and chatting while I slave away, but I would much rather be doing something FUN with him), breathing.

I know I can ask for help. And I will if I decide I need it, but I think that right now I have things managed. For the most part, having an extra set of hands wouldn't really free me up all that more. Don't worry friends, when it comes down the the wire and I'm STILL not done, I will be calling and begging for help and trying to bribe you with the prospect of wine (that I will ask you to pick up...and probably pay for since I am shackled to my house and don't have enough common sense to EVER hit the ATM...ever!)

But I really do miss going to the gym. Especially since I start to feel squishy when I don't. Which is ridiculous since I haven't gained any weight and my body doesn't look any different. I think it is just a mental thing (yeah, I'm sure you are all surprised to find out I'm mental. Shock of the century right there) but I FEEL better when I go to the gym. I feel healthier, I feel lighter, skinnier, happier.

Not to mention I am still about 10 lbs away from my goal.

So, I think I am going to try to make a bit more of an effort. If I thought it was even possible I would wake up early and hit the gym BEFORE work. But seeing as how I can't even get there on time this week when all I have to do is dress myself... I'm not thinking that is a great choice.

I did however, get approval from Big A that when we get a house we are going to get a treadmill and an elliptical so I can quit the gym and work out at home. I REALLY want to keep up with this. I don't want to go back to the way that I was. Fat and unhappy.

So I'm going to make more of an effort. Because I know it helps with my stress. I am going to try to walk 2 miles during the day at work and then hit the gym at least 3 times a week.

But that will have to start tomorrow.

Because tonight... tonight is FOOTBALL.

You heard me. MOTHER FUCKING FOOTBALL!!!

And I get to spend my day picking people to go to the Patriots' game tonight (and this season) for the season tickets my company just bought and no... my name is not on the list. Ug. SO unfair.

I even joked that I put my name on every piece of paper in the drawing. STILL... no one offered me tickets.

Hopefully one of these jokers can't make a game last minute and I will Swiper no Swiping them and be gone before anyone knows it. Who need a job anyway?

Alright lovers. I'm over and out. Let's try and make it through today. Because tomorrow is a beautiful day.

Friday. One of my favorite F words!

3 comments:

  1. Last night I finally sat down to write the To-Do list that I have been dreading to see on paper.....man did it make me sick.

    I could hardly sleep last night and I've been cramming every night full of stuff that I still need to get done. Thankfully my mom is handling the RSVP's for me so that is one less thing I need to worry about right now. But a wrench just got thrown into my bachelorette party plans so I'm trying to deal with that.

    I'll tell you what, I wish I would have eloped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a feeling you would be pretty excited that Preseason starts today, haha! I'm excited, so I knew that you would be like a zillion more times excited than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to a Pats game and would love to go! Hang in there with al the wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...