Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wedding Planning Blows Bubbles

Happy Tuesday Folks!

Normally I would be craving Friday already, but these days, weeks, months, etc have been going by so damn fast that I am totally cool with not speeding things up anymore.

I mean... tomorrow is a month before the wedding.

Seriously. A mother effing month.

And while part of me is so incredibly excited, and another part of me just wants this circus over with... and then there is a teeny tiny part of me that goes, "Woah, woah, woah, let's go easy here. Marriage? You're 12! What is this?"

It is quite the mix of emotions. I'm doing pretty good with my to do list. I worked on some stuff last night. Remember this post? Check it out how the to do list is going.
  1. Finalize the guest count. Call all outstanding RSVP's. Have every one's response. Just need meal choice for 4 people.
  2. Do the Seating Chart. Planning to start that this week.
  3. Find & print seating cards. Need to alphabetized by last name. Found design. Bought materials.
  4. Decide if there will be place card holders or not. There will not.
  5. Find pictures for table names. Get materials. Make signs. Got the materials. Need pictures.
  6. Buy the stones for the centerpieces. Finally found the right ones. Need to order.
  7. Buy materials for the programs, print, & put together. Bought supplies. Had a slight issue*. Back on track.
  8. Decide on whether or not we want to bother with menus. Undecided still. We will see how much time, energy, money, etc. I have.
  9. Make cake appointment. Will do this week.
  10. Pick out cake. Decide on design. Bring topper to meting.
  11. Decide on song list. (Ceremony, Entrance, First Dance, etc.) Finalized the Reception music, except for the Mother/Son song, but that will be done by Wednesday**. Need to talk to him tomorrow about ceremony music.
  12. Pick out parent presents. Figured out what I want to do.
  13. Get marriage license. Going tomorrow.
  14. Decide on old, new, borrowed, and blue. No clue.
  15. Break in wedding shoes. NEED to do this.
  16. Buy batteries for centerpieces.
  17. Make LOVE sign (which would be easier if I could actually remember what the hell it was or where I found it) Forget it!
  18. Buy baskets for bathrooms and supplies. Put together.
  19. Put together Bridesmaids gifts.
  20. Wrap Groomsmen gifts.
  21. Come up with "day of" timeline. E-mail to Wedding Party.
  22. Send out invitations for rehearsal dinner. The AMAZING Kristen is working on them! LOVE her!
  23. Finish writing "thank you " notes from the shower.Written all that I can. Waiting for more cards. Need to have Big A sign the ones I have and just send them out.
  24. Finalize the rooms for the night before and night of the wedding. Done the night before. Night of is set, just need to get them a credit card number.
  25. Get final payments together. This makes me want to crawl under my desk and cry, but we got it.
  26. Have final meetings with vendors (florist, photographer, DJ, etc.) Florist is all set. DJ is tomorrow. Photographer is next week, and Venue is the 22nd. (Need to get pic ideas together for Photographer)
  27. Buy Photobook favors. Put together.Deciding if I still want to do this.
  28. Figure out picture cards. Ditto.
  29. Pick up Dress. Appointment Aug. 22nd
  30. Go away for Bachelorette weekend! Aug. 17-19
  31. Make sign for Memory Table.
  32. E-mail picture to DJ.
* Awhile back I found this great idea for making fan programs, just in case it was hot out. I bought all the materials and tried to spray paint the Popsicle sticks so  they didn't look so cheap. Except for the spray paint spray was so hard that the Popsicle sticks were EVERYWHERE. So then I was going to paint them. And then decided (after painting about 20) that I was NOT going to paint 150 Popsicle sticks. Eff that. So I came up with a new plan.

**Deciding on songs is HARD. My dad and I just found out what our song will be yesterday and Big A and I stayed up until midnight last night finishing what we want. He had no clue you actually pick these songs. He thought that they did it for you!

Yeah. If that isn't enough to make you down a few bottles of wine and then claim you are on bath salts so you can be temporarily committed... then I don't know what does! I'm just trying not to over book myself and just take it how it comes. I have fabulous people around me offering to help, but we all know I am a freak and don't ask for it. Maybe if we get down to crunch time then I will ask... maybe.

Welp. That's all I got for today. I'm off to spend another day pretending to work when I'm really doing wedding shit. (I kid. I kid... sort of)

7 comments:

  1. My head is spinning....I'm a little over a month away and I feel like I want to puke when people ask me what else I need to do.

    Thank you for reminding me to make an agenda for the bridal party and to break in my shoes.....something I didn't think of in all my OCD glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gotten a lot accomplished and I'm sure the rest will all fall into place as well. I'm like you though, I would rather do it myself than ask for help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so close and your wedding coming up also means my big walk. Ugh! I think I would like time to slow down too!! Your list is looking good. Keep up the good work. Wish I could stay my "training" was going as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having flashbacks of when I was at this point. It seems like there is so much to do, but once you actually start checking things off, I promise it gets easier. You will be amazed how much you get completed in such a short amount of time. And with each thing that you check of your list you will feel less stressed, I promise! My best piece of advice is to really look at your list and decide if something is worth the stress. I had to do that a few times and take stuff off that I wanted to do. But, it looks like you have already done that with a few things. Good luck and I know that you will get things accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O..M...G...A month away as of tomorrow? That's nuts! I still feel like I'm 12 sometimes. I look at Ryan and think....who are you? My husband? HUSBAND!!! Weird! You'll get through this next month! Its going to be a whirl wind but it will all be worth it and the little things don't even matter so don't sweat it! Just get done what you can and screw the rest! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. your aready so accomplished! everything is coming together! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a happy Tuesday and be sure to check out my low entry giveaway ending soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have quite accomplished more than fifty percent of your wedding supplies and all the other things you need to do for your wedding. Don't forget to reserve a great part of your enery on the wedding day!:)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...