Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend Recap and Wedding WOAH!

This weekend was a good one. I spent it watching the football game, relaxing by the pool, and hanging out with my favorite guy. Oh and Big A was there too.

Hahaha I am sooooo funny.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend. I got a couple errands done and out of the way and then was able to spend the rest of the weekend hanging out.

Most everything is done on my to-do list. Just a couple more things to go.

With 12 more days, we are getting down to the wire.

Yes, I said 12...eek!

1.Finalize the guest count. Call all outstanding RSVP's.
2.Do the Seating Chart.

3.Find & print seating cards. Need to alphabetized by last name.
4.Decide if there will be place card holders or not. There will not.
5.Find pictures for table names. Get materials. Make signs.
6.Buy the stones for the centerpieces.

7.Buy materials for the programs, print, & put together.

8.Decide on whether or not we want to bother with menus. I had them all designed and then decided I didn't feel like doing it! Haha!
9.Make cake appointment.
10.Pick out cake. Decide on design. Bring topper to meeting.  Done. Just need to drop off the cake topper this week.
11.Decide on song list. (Ceremony, Entrance, First Dance, etc.) Working on selecting ceremony music. Finalized Mother/Son song, just need the name from Big A. And e-mail the DJ.
12.Pick out parent presents. Figured out what I want to do.
13.Get marriage license.
14.Decide on old, new, borrowed, and blue. Still...no clue. I suck.
15.Break in wedding shoes. Forgot... again... I suck.

16.Buy batteries for centerpieces. Planning on going on Wednesday.
17.Make LOVE sign (which would be easier if I could actually remember what the hell it was or where I found it) Forget it!
18.Buy baskets for bathrooms and supplies. Put together.
19.Put together Bridesmaids gifts. All put together. Bought boxes. Just need to wrap.

20.Wrap Groomsmen gifts. Need to go to the Christmas Tree Shop and get bags or something.
21.Come up with "day of" timeline. E-mail to Wedding Party. Slacking...
22.Send out invitations for rehearsal dinner. Can't wait to show you what they look like! Post coming soon!
23.Finish writing "thank you " notes from the shower. Wrote all the ones I could. Need to get more (should have done it when I was at Target yesterday...dummy!) We keep getting gifts though so, I now have MORE to write than I thought. Totally OK with that though. Seriously, people are SO generous!

24.Finalize the rooms for the night before and night of the wedding. Done the night before. Night of is set, just need to get them a credit card number.
25.Get final payments together. Done. Just need to drop of payment to florist on Friday and the JP on the 7th.

26.Have final meetings with vendors (florist, photographer, DJ, etc.) 

27.Buy Photobooth favors. Put together.
28.Figure out picture cards. I forgot that our photographer has a new option that she is trying out and we get it for FREE. She will have cards made from our Engagement pictures that will tell people where to go and they can upload all of the pictures they take. Yay!

29.Pick up Dress.

30.Go away for Bachelorette weekend!

31.Make sign for Memory Table.

32.E-mail picture to DJ.

33. Bring Big A's watch to get fixed. Brought it in. It needs a new band. Big A needs to go in this week to pick it out.  
34. Pick picture for picture cards.
35. Pick up rings from being engraved. Big A's is ready. Mine still needs to come back. I'm DYING to find out what he wrote. We aren't supposed to look until after the ceremony. Haha!

That's about it. We are doing pretty damn good. I need to make a list of what to pack for the wedding so I don't forget anything. I need to make sure I make it soon so that I can check it 37,000 times. I'm nervous about forgetting the rings and the marriage license.

Then again... we live 20 minute away, so it really wouldn't be THAT big of a deal if we realized in enough time. It will be fine... I'm sure. I'm just a control freak. Shocking.

I must say that the nerves are definitely starting to set in. It's a lot of people. And a lot of working pieces that could go wrong. The nightmares are almost nightly. And I've been late to work every day since forever because of sleeping issues. Also, my stomach officially hates me. I don't know if people know that people who have stomach issues initially... have it worse when they are stressed. Fun. I've been doubling up on my meds and watching what I eat/drink (minus the 3/4 lb of mozzarella that I shoved in my face yesterday).

Other than that... it is just time for the waiting game. We have a bunch of fun stuff going on this week/weekend so it should be good. I want to go tanning a couple times, I have a hair appointment on Thursday (can't wait to color it, seriously these roots are redic!), and then some awesome Labor Day weekend plans.

Then, it's a 3 day weekend, I work Tuesday and Wednesday and then I'm off until the Wedding.

Holy shit.

That's all for now lovers. I finally uploaded the pics from the Bachelorette party. Look for that post tomorrow. Promise!

Smooches!

Oh, and if you want to hear more wedding stuff, head on over to Becky's blog over at From Mrs to Mama. She is hosting a tell-all link-up and this week is all about weddings. I'm DYING to do it, but I think I will wait until AFTER the wedding. Such a bummer, but I would rather do it with the actual pictures.

Oooor, I might cave and do it later. Who knows. Depends on how busy the day is.

4 comments:

  1. 12 days!?! OMG Girl how can you even concentrate?! I'm soo thrilled you were able to have a relaxed weekend. Sorry about the stomach-issues. yikes! And also sorry about the wedding nightmares. Just keep telling yourself it's just one day of your life. it'll go fast. it'll be over soon. it's just going to be the most remembered and photographed day of your life too! that's awesome you are taking a few days off before your wedding. have you scheduled your massage yet? Big A's sooo the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Leah (above!) and I'm super excited to find another engaged blogger from MA! We are in the process of moving to the South Shore, but I grew up on the cape. I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's getting so close. And you are almost done. I promise it will all work out. Just remember to breathe every now and then, ya know, so you don't pass out or anything, haha! I am late almost every day to work because I can't get my ass out of bed, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe that after all of these months of planning there are only 12 days left!?! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...