Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was Big A's Bachelor Party.

While I was so excited for him to be able to get a weekend away with his boys, I was SO sad for me that I had to be home alone.

While Big A was up in New Hampshire in a cabin on the lake, I did my best to keep busy, while pretending I wasn't going to pee my pants at the thought of sleeping in our apartment by myself.

Naturally, no one else in the entire building was home on Friday. I was there by myself. Awesome. No one to hear my screams.

I was hoping that my new little friend that visited me on Thursday night would be good luck.
This cat always come around when I'm outside. Check out the double paw. MUST be good luck, right?

I had a movie night planned with Jackums on Friday night. We haven't really seen each other too much lately and we DEFINITELY haven't spent any one on one time in a bagillion years, so it was GREAT to be able to catch up with her for a little bit.

Saturday, Mr. Fresh and I hoped in Big A's truck (he took mine for the weekend) and headed over to my parent's house. He hung out with my dad while Ma Dukes and I went to get our nails done.

We tried out the gel manicure for the first time ever to see if we liked it for the wedding. So far, I LOVE it. Normally I would have chipped my nails by now. Or started peeling them. I think I'm converted!

After that, Mom and I headed out to Michaels to pick up some wedding stuff. Then we packed up and headed over to J$'s house for some pool, drinks, and girl time. It was a blast.

1. Mr. Fresh enjoying not having to share the bed with Big A. 2. Jackums dog Snoopy just relaxing. 3. All the girls. 4. Mr. Fresh being a Kardashian and lounging in the pool. 5. Begging for food in bed. 6. Riding in style in Big A's truck!

After that, a few of us went out to dinner and then out on the town for about .5 seconds before drinking all day finally caught up with us. I was home and in bed by 12:30. #partyanimal

Sunday, I had lunch with my mom and Big A's mom. We caught up for a bit and talked about the wedding.

After that, I went back to my parents' house because my cousin was visiting from Ireland with her kids and they were all coming over for a BBQ with my aunt and my grandmother.

The food was delicious and it was tons of fun. Even though it was POURING rain. At least it cooled things off a bit.

And  then of course we let the small children ride the Wolfhound. Because, that's what you do when you have a large dog and small children.

My dad with my cousin's kids. And of course. Shenanigans, the large dog.

Mr. Fresh high-tailed it out of there as soon as one of the kids said they wanted to ride him next. He's so anti-social.

AND that was my weekend. I had a blast, but I am SOOOOOOO glad that my hunnie is home!

Happy Monday Lovers!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you survived your weekend alone :) I always hate staying alone too. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate being home alone too, my fiance goes on work trips about 3-5 times a year sometimes for a whole week and I get so scared the first few nights.

    We live out in the country, so there really wouldn't be anyone to hear my screams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nails! I got the gel manicure done a couple of months ago. I liked it at first, until it was time to take it off. I am not patient enough to sit there and have them put foil on my nails for $5 to take it off, so I peeled it off myself and was a little pissed to find out that it destroyed my nails underneath just like getting acrylics does. But, that might be because I peeled it off. So you may want to spend the extra $5 to have them take it off, haha! Mr. Fresh is so cute! And so is your good luck kitty!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...