Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blah blah blah

This whole waking up and going to work thing is over-rated.

I mean, honestly, when you are up SO early, and have to be at work by 7:00(ish), the sun is still coming up, it's cold as a witches' teet, and your dog is cuddling up in your spot on the bed looking at you with a mixture of sass and sympathy (or at least your half-awake mind perceives it that way)... it blows.

I could go back to my old hours, but I thoroughly enjoy getting out early.

Hmm... think I could come in at 8:00 and leave at 3:30 and still get paid for my regular 40 hours?

Maybe my general awesomeness should make up for those extra hours.

Yeah.

It's getting downright chilly bones here and I am not sure I'm digging it.

I mean, sure, the weather was perfect when I was getting out of work (although I do kind of love it when it is sweltering hot) but the 42 degrees that I rode to work in? Bullshit.

I want Summer. And Sun. And warmth. And the Beach. And a frozen adult beverage.

Waaaaaaaaah!

I've been trying to keep the house clean. Ya know... the opposite of what I had been doing for the past year.

I decided that I couldn't work, go to the gym, plan a wedding, find a way to make sure we eat (Big A buying me dinner...), AND clean the house, so something had to go.

Shocking that it was the cleaning.

BUT... since I cleaned the entire house before we went to Martha's Vineyard, I have decided to keep up with it. Or at least try.

Which involved me giving myself a little pep talk last night, promising a tasty glass of wine if I did the dishes. I may or may not have had a full blown conversation with myself. And... called myself Champ...whatever, it's totally normal.

After having a dishwasher for an entire week, I hate doing dishes even more. It makes me want to poke myself in the eye with something sharp JUST so I can get out of it.

BUT... hopefully we will be out of that hell hole apartment sooner rather than later and we can get settled into a nice little house and get on with out lives already.

Cross your fingers we find something soon. I am SO over our crap apartment and would LOVE a place to put our Christmas Tree. It could even be my birthday present. I'd settle for that!

Anywho... off to work I go. Well... off to go work... heh.

Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. It has been SO EFFING COLD in the morning. Unreal. I also miss having my 7-3pm hours :( BTW you should totally move to the South Shore because someone else reaaaaally cool lives there! (just kidding, it's me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 AM is very early! I start at 8 and I struggle with that but I also like getting out earlier! I hear ya on the no dishwasher thing. Dishes can sit in my sink for way longer than I would like to admit. Hope you find a house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang girl, it was 50 here this morning and I was all upset but 42... that's like heavy winter coat weather! Ok so about the cleaning. Clearly I play the whole I'm a single mom, I work full time, I have to play with my son at night so cleanign has to go card. BUT for those days I'm motivated aka On It... (just happened yesterday and a trip to Bath and Body Works to buy all the fall scented candles and crap motivated me).... I HIGHLY recommend http://www.flylady.net/ she makes an immaculate house possibe lin 15 min a day. So you don't have CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrom). it's real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, it is a lot colder there than it is here. Send it my way. I love the cold weather. Sorry you have to get up so early. That does not sound like fun. Not having a dishwasher is the worst thing in the world. When I was in college and lived on campus, the apartments didn't have dishwashers and I would go days without doing the dishes because I hated washing them so much. I feel your pain. I hope you guys find a place soon!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...