Friday, September 21, 2012

Guest Post: Kristen from First Name Smith

Aaaaannnddd.... last, but certainly not least, we have a fabulous wedding inspired guest post from Kristen, who blogs over at First Name Smith. Kristen is seriously fabulous and absolutely hysterical. She lives down in Flo-Rida with her handsome hubby and WAY too cute little boy. I've tried to convince Big A to move down there so we could all become BFF's, but apparently his and Kristen's mutual love for Miller Lite wasn't enough of a reason. Boo.

Hi there. Kristen here. I blog over at the hot mess that’s known as First Name Smith. Literally named that because our son’s first name is Smith and if I had a dollar for every time I had to explain that’s his first name, I’d be rolling in the hay naked with Ryan Reynolds, drenched in diamonds and siphoning wine out of a box on the reg.

Can I tell you how much I love Kayleigh? I mean, I guess I don’t really have to tell you the obvious since I am the one encroaching on her space while she’s off on her honeymoon and shit. Congrats ladycakes! I am sooooo happy for you!

My Husband Kent and I have been married for 4 years, but together an entire decade. That’s a long ass time with anyone other than your mom and dad. And maybe that Joey McIntyre poster you practiced kissing on in 6th grade. Come on, you KNOW you did it too.

The planning for our wedding wasn’t as stressful and mind blowing of an event because we went small. We had 32 people attend. And the reception was in the side room of a restaurant. While finances (err, lack thereof) determined how small it would be, looking back there’s not a thing I would change. We partied hard. We spent time with our family. And we got drunk as shit and walked back to our honeymoon suite barefoot, dragging my dress through the mud and not giving one flying shit about it either since it was bought on eBay (yes, eBay) for $300.

What really matters is the foundation you build together and seeing your wedding as a catalyst. As a jumping off point to an amazing life together with your best friend. I can safely say that Kent is my forever love, my best friend. My one and only. And there’s not a single person in the world that I would rather get knee walking drunk with. Or cry into his shoulders when I’ve had a bad day. Or raise a mini human with.

Weddings are fabulous. The celebration is amazing. But the journey after the dress is steam cleaned and the tux’s are returned is really the biggest gift. Well, that and the little treasures of socks on the floor and pee on the toilet seat.

Gah. Men are such pigs.

Congrats Kayleigh and A! We love you and cannot wait to hear all about your big day.
 
And that lovers, brings our week of guest posting from some of my favorite bitches to an end. I will be back on Monday whining about how I don't want to be home, don't want to be at work, and STILL wondering why we haven't won the lottery yet so I can get that trophy wife status I've been pushing for! (Kidding...sort of) Smooches!

1 comment:

  1. oh if i had a dollar for every sock i find on the floor i'd be able to afford actual bottles of wine instead of boxes.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...