Wednesday, September 12, 2012

So What! Wednesday


Hello Lovers!

It's time for my first So What! Wednesday as a MRS!!!

Yeah, that still sounds weird.

Everyone keeps saying, "Oh hell, Mrs. P" and I still look around to see if my mother in law is there.

I'll get used to it.

First and foremost, I want to tell you about a special event that just started today. The amazing Kristen from over at First Name Smith has put together an auction to raise money for the American Cancer Society. In case you didn't already know, Kristen's Father in law recently was diagnosed with cancer and has begun treatment. If you have ever known a loved one that had cancer you know how scared, heartbroken, and helpless you feel. Knowing that this horrible thing is happening and there's NOTHING that you can do about it sucks.

So, Kristen is taking the bull by the horn and is doing everything she can to help. She started the auction and got so many fabulous people to donate items to raise money. Head on over the the Facebook page here. Check out the items. See if there is anything you like. And DEFINITELY spread the word. Every bit helps.

I know first hand how much of a bitch it is to watch your loved one go through this. The more we can help the American Cancer Society, the more we can do to try to find a cure for this absolutely horrible C word.

Now, it's time for a little So What! Wednesday! I'm linking up with Shannon over at Life After I Dew. Don't know her yet? Get to know her. This girl is FABULOUS!

This week I am saying, So What! if...

* I have been passed out by like 10 every night so far this week. I am mother effing exhausted and I just can't seem to catch up. Hopefully a week of sleeping in will help.

* My living room STILL looks like a wedding threw up on it. Only even worse. Shit is EVERYWHERE. Big A and I plan on moving more stuff up to the loft today so that we can get out lives back to normal a bit more. We are in SERIOUS need of a house. ASAP.

* I am about ready to go ape shit on my bank. The bank I hated from the beginning. The bank that I told Big A I wanted nothing to do with. The bank that charges me ridiculous fees for absolutely nothing. They have basically stolen almost $300 from me and there's nothing I can do about it. Umm... how about they don't back charge me for shit and then say that I overdrew my account DAYS ago and then charge me overdraft fees that shouldn't even exist. Bastards.

* I am in serious denial of Fall. I mean, I love Fall, don't get me wrong. Leaves changing, bon fires, plus I made Big A promise to take me apply picking (I've been telling him all of the different things that married Big A does that non-married Big A didn't... it kind of works...). BUT, I am NOT ready for long sleeves, pants, and turning the heat on in my car. I want sunshine, the beach, a tan, a cold beverage in my hand. I JUST got back to having a semi-decent beach bod (AKA I no longer resemble a beached whale) and I'm not ready to cover it up.

* So far the only thing that feels different about being married is I have another ring on my finger. I think we are both kind of getting used to the idea that it ACTUALLY happened. I'm sure it will feel more real when I see the marriage license and change my name. Then it has to feel real. I'll be a whole new person! Weird.

* I have been stalking house listings like it is my job. (Well, I am technically getting paid for it...shhh) We need to get out of our apartment ASAP for our sanity. We have FAR overgrown it. Time to be big kids and get a house. Make it our home. And then get started on those babies! (HA! Just kidding! We got pleeeeeennntttyyyy of time!!!)

* I am more than impressed with myself that I have cooked both nights this week AND washed the dishes!!! Forget the fact that the rest of the house needs cleaning and we haven't vacuumed in a hot minute, but this is a big step for me. It's been awhile since I got back into the house wife groove. It's the little things people...

* I don't want to work anymore. Ever. I had a lot of "time off". More than I usually have by now and I think it has ruined me forever. I'm probably going to throw a tantrum coming back from the honeymoon.

* I hate when people talk to me when I am trying to blog. I mean, can't they see that I'm busy? OK... let's be honest. I hate when people talk to me. I'm getting more antisocial with age. Not sure if that's normal, but whatevs.

* I am so mother effing excited about dinner tonight. Big A and I are supposed to be going to one of our favorite restaurants tonight! I say supposed to because it hardly ever works out. We are either too tired, too broke, or more likely than not we get into a huge fight and end up not even talking to each other. We decided that married us doesn't do that anymore. And by "that" I mean, mess up going out to dinner, lord knows we will still fight!

* Now all I can think about is dinner. #fatkidproblems.

Alright bitches, that's about enough of that.

Head on over to Shannon's blog and link up!

And don't forget to head on over to the Auction here. Or visit Kristen's blog for more information.

Holler!

3 comments:

  1. I just finally stalked your blog since I've been MIA for a few days...I cannot WAIT to see more photos! I'm glad it all worked out and you had an awesome day. I think the exhaustion is why the honeymoon is "supposed" to be right after - so you don't go insane! Where are you guys heading to dinner tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I remember when our wedding threw up on our apartment. It took me a couple of weeks to get everything put away. I hope you can get yours in order a lot quicker than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually upset if I'm not passed out close to 10! Getting old sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...