Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Taking a Breather...

I am still physically exhausted.

I don't think I'm ever going to catch up from this past weekend.

Wore.me.out.

With that being said, it was the most amazing weekend of my entire life.

The entire thing was just so surreal. I had to keep reminding myself that I was living it. That moment. Right then and there.

At one point I asked my dad if I was just dreaming everything because if I was then I was going to be too tired to wake up and actually do everything.

I remained pretty calm throughout the whole day. I had fun with my girls (Moms included).

Not even the rain got me down.

And oh yes it rained.

To the point that when I was waiting in my room by myself right before the ceremony they were thinking of moving it inside. I told them that I didn't care either way. Just to make the decision and let's get on with it.

Luckily, Big A just told them to do it. The rain had stopped and let's just get this show on the road before it started again. Luckily, most of the ceremony site was underneath a structure. Special thanks to those who sat in the rain or the wet seats. You guys are troopers!

I know you guys want pictures. And trust me. There's a lot of them!

However, I need a little bit to get myself back into regular life... ya know... just in time to go on our honeymoon!!! 5 more days and then it is one week of just me, my husband, and Mr. Fresh!

I'm never going to want to come back to work. I already don't want to come back to work.

I told Big A last night that I had gotten married and that was all that I needed to accomplish in life. That I was to begin my life of leisure and finally know what it was like to be a "kept" woman.

He smiled at me and said, "I hope by "life of leisure" you will finally relax and enjoy yourself".

And that was it.

I tried.

I try telling him that I would be the best trophy wife EVER! But apparently, that's only for "rich" people.

Whatever. We all know I would get bored and tear the house upside down anyway.

But yes... many posts to come. Getting ready, the ceremony, reception, dancing, etc. I can start getting together the pictures that everyone took. And then hopefully it won't be too too long until we get the professional pictures.

Thank you to everyone for the congratulations and the well wishes. We are currently loving life and can't wait for the next step. Which is a house... no babies.... yet. Currently focusing on a house.

So, cross your fingers that something falls into our laps sooner rather than later.

Smooches!

4 comments:

  1. awwww I'm so happy your day was so perfect. and you had a rain plan that worked out perfectly. and that your day felt like a dream. all your hard work seriously paid off. big time. yay for this week off and then your honeymoon the next week! enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you clarify the no babies part, haha! I hope that you guys get a house soon! That would be awesome! And you definitely won't want to go back to work after you go on your honeymoon, haha! We took a week off after the wedding just to do nothing and I did not want to go back. And I'm pretty sure it will be like that in October when we actually come back from our honeymoon. Hope you are getting some much needed relaxation now that everything is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It rained on my wedding day too, about 30 minutes before the ceremony was set to start and actually when it finally started I was relieved b/c I then knew the ceremony would be inside up to that point they kept asking me what we should do so I was glad Mother Nature made the final call and it turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations!!!! I'm so happy that everything went amazing and you had a great day! You certainly deserved to have everything work out for you and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...