Monday, October 29, 2012

Show & Tell Monday Link-up


I'm linking up with Becky from over at From Mrs. to Mama for Show & Tell Monday.

In case that wasn't clear from the header at the top... hehe.

I've followed Becky for a long time, watching as she talked about just becoming a Mrs, then as she became a Mama, and now as she becomes a Mama again! If you haven't checked her out...then do so... immediately.

Now onto one of my favorite topics... Big A! I know I do the whole Wedded Bliss Wednesdays thing, but I thought it would be fun to do this as well. Ya know... any excuse to gush about my man!
 
1. Tell us about how and when you met your love and what attracted you most to him.

I met Big A when I was 21 and he was 24. We met at a 50th Birthday party (they say it happens when you least expect it). I was there to hang out with my friend who was having the party and he was there because he was friends with my friend's older brother. Neither one of us planned on going there, and honestly I was planning on leaving when I met him. Guess it was just meant to be. I was attracted to how easy it was to talk to him. We got each other immediately. It was like we had known each other for years. And when we kissed for the first time, it felt like we have been together forever. It just felt right.


2. Show us the very first {or one of the first} pictures you guys ever took together. {Feel free to show us more than one}

These are some of my favorites from our first few months together! I look back at these pictures and think that we look like such babies.
3. Tell us some of your favorite memories that you two had together.

We have had a lot of great memories together. Fun vacations, parties, etc. I think my most favorite are our wedding and our honeymoon. Our honeymoon was the first time we had been on vacation together for an entire week, and we were alone. I thought we were going to want to kill each other by the end, but we seriously had the best time! It was amazing!

4. Tell us your favorite qualities about this man, what makes him "the one."

I know this is going to sound completely corny, but he "completes" me. On a lot of things one of us knows more than the other, so we kind of let the "expert" take the lead. We trust each other and learn from each other daily. But, on the big important stuff, we agree (mostly) which is a huge plus. I love how safe I feel with him. I can be so scared and not know what is going to happen next (which drives me nuts), but as long as he tells me that everything will be OK, then I'm good. I love the way that he can make me laugh when just one second before all I wanted to do was scream. And I love the way that on my worst days, when I hate everything and myself, he can make me feel like the smartest, most beautiful, wonderful person on the entire planet.

5. Tell us what your "date nights" typically look like.

Honestly, our date nights vary. Sometimes when we have something special going on, or a little extra money in our pockets, or we are just completely stressed, we go out to eat. Sometimes I can get a good deal on Groupon and we can do something fun like bowling or mini golf. Most of the time, it's just the two of us. At home. We eat dinner. We watch TV. Just completely mundane stuff, but sometimes when we are both crazy busy, it's the only quality time that we actually get to spend with each other. So it's nice to know that we have that time no matter what life throws at us.

OK folks... that's all about Big A! I know you are all probably sick of hearing about him. And probably wondering when I will get off my fat ass and post wedding pictures. If it makes you feel any better, I have a bunch of collages done at home waiting to be put on posts. But... of course I never remember to upload them to Blogger so that I can work on them at work. I'm so smart.

We are currently hunkering down, getting ready for this feisty bitch Sandy to make her debut. We are hearing a whole bunch of conflicting reports about when it is coming and how bad it will be. You never know here. Sometimes a huge nor'easter turns into some sprinkles of rain. And sometimes a sunny day turns into 37 feet of snow.

I'll leave you with some funny Hurricane Sandy inspired pictures, and hopefully I will still have power tomorrow and will be back with more shenanigans.





For everyone who was/is going to be effected by this storm, I hope you stay safe! Smooches!


6 comments:

  1. I'm hoping what they say Ohio is getting won't really be that bad. It has rained for two days and the wind is starting to pick up. Good thing we got gas for the generator and lots of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you this morning with all this storm talk. Will you guys be affected at all? They are just talking about crazy winds and rain here but nothing compared to the eye of the storm! Hoping you guys wont be affected! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about you and big A! It seriously never gets old. And your first pics together omg awesome lol! Good luck with Sandy!!!! I hope it blows right by you or out to sea but it's not looking like that's going to happen. Considering it's already windy as crap alllll the way down here in NC because of this thing I can't even imagine how it'll be up by you. I hope you keep power and don't get like 800 feet of rain and ocean waves crashing all the way to your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad Becky did this link-up so I can read all the gushy details about how in love people are. Y'all seem perfect for each other!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, those Hurricane pics were hilarious. I hope you guys are okay and that you don't lose power. Keep us updated if you can! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovvve reading people's love stories, and yours is no exception! So cute.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...