Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wedded Bliss Wednesdays: Marriage Advice



It's time for another Wedded Bliss Wednesday. (Which I am posting on Thursday! Whoops! Better late than never!)

I'm linking up with Allie and Kay again! (Have you checked out their blogs yet? Seriously, you need to!) ASAP.

Now time for some questions:

If you could give one piece of advice to any married (or soon-to-be married) couple, what would it be?
If I could give any marriage advice to a soon-to-be married couple, I would tell them to stay focused on the real reason for the wedding and not to sweat the small stuff so much. Yeah, I had my freak-outs, but for the most part, I kept my eye on the prize: My husband.

Other advice I would give is to communicate. Your relationship will self-destruct if you don't communicate. I'm not talking about the "hey, how was your day". I'm talking the nitty gritty conversations.


What is an absolute MUST for any marriage/relationship?

TRUST. Without trust, there's no point. Relationships turn into an ugly, ugly thing when people don't trust each other. Whether it is warranted or not.
What is the #1 no-no in a marriage?


I'm going to say that the Number 1 "no-no" is a tie between lying and cheating. Either one are completely unacceptable. I mean, there really isn't a lot of going back from there. It will always be in the back of someone's mind and once you do it then there's no taking it back. I can't stand lying. About anything. Especially when people lie about stupid shit, I always wonder "If you will lie about that, then what else will you lie about" and I never really believe what they say 100% after that.

What is the biggest lesson you have learned from your marriage?

Honestly, I've been married for like 40 days (yes I counted) so I haven't learned a whole lot. But, I can tell you that I have never felt more like a "Team" than after we were married. Big A always says that it was me and him against the world, and I believed it, but I truly FELT it when we were married. So, I guess I learned that we really ARE a team, through thick and thin. And as long as we can lean on each other, we can get through anything.

That's all she wrote folks! Looking forward to next week's questions! They are supposed to be answered by the Hubby! Maybe I can get Big A liquored up and have him answer the questions.

Except, I was an asshole to him last night (#wifeoftheyear) so I think I'll have to butter him up first, and THEN get him drunk. And THEN ask him to answer the questions.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. your post gives me so much hope! seriously! you and big A are such a team! And I love your love! I totally want to hear his answers to your questions... maybe you can just casually ask him random stuff throughout the week?

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...