Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wedding Recap: Getting Ready

I figured it was time for another Wedding Recap...ya know...since it happened over a month ago!

The night before the Wedding, I didn't sleep a wink. I mean, I felt fine, but I was up ALL.NIGHT.LONG. I thought the day would never come.

And then all of a sudden, it was morning. The day of my Wedding!

The hotel was a godsend. J$, Pickles, N, and Nat stayed over with me the night before and J$, Pickles, N and I went to the free buffet breakfast in the morning while Nat ran home to grab some stuff. It wasn't the world's most amazing food, but it did the job.

Next, Mrs. C and my Mom met us at the hotel and we all piled in the car to head to the salon, where we met up with Big A's mom.

J$ brought PLENTY of champagne and we all chatted and drank while getting our hair done. I had a make-up artist back at the hotel, so as a couple of girls finished up, I sent them back to get their make-up done. I thought we were going to be SO off schedule, but Marizzle made sure that we finished on time. Love her!
Get ready for some heavy pics. Mrs. C was AWESOME about taking pictures ALL DAY. Seriously, I think she took like 400 pictures from the Rehearsal Dinner through the Reception. It was awesome to see all of those pictures since I knew it would be awhile before I saw the professional ones!
Drinking. Getting ready. Bridesmaids and the Mamas. I had a brief moment of tears, but no one saw me so I was able to keep it all together. Mostly it was just fun!

All of the fun hair halfway done pictures.

My hair and veil. We weren't going to put it in then, but we decided what the hell. I just promised to be careful with it because I was petrified I would shut it in a door or something! Marizzle started to get a bit nostalgic and I had to tell her to lock it up. There was no time to fall apart. Haha. (Sidenote: Don't you freaking LOVE my Bride sweatshirt that J$ got me? I seriously still wear it all the time!)

More hair/veil pics.

Then we went back to get our make-up done. I think we need to all get our make-up and hair professionally done and go do something fun again. It was so nice to be pampered all day!

Then we definitely had a dance party. No pre-wedding jitters here. That is my favorite picture of Pickles and Nat (the bottom right) HYSTERICAL!

Then the florist arrived with the flowers. Seriously, she did a PERFECT job! I couldn't have asked for anything better! I then explained to everyone how the entire wedding was planned around my bouquet, because I was so in love with it. Funny story about that later.

Then it was time to get dressed. And pee for the last time by myself. I knew it would be awhile before I could go to the ladies' room without help, so I enjoyed my alone time. OK... that sounds creepy, but you know what I mean.

And just like that. I was in my dress. The photographer was there taking pictures of us girls (which I totally blocked out of my mind and one day looked at Big A and said "OMG! I don't think I got any pictures of me and just my girls! Oh no!". Obviously, the entire day was a blur since we have a bunch of pictures of just us girls. Crazy. Haha. Then we watched all the people show up until it was time for Big A to go out there and then they took me away from the window.

It started raining right before the ceremony. Like, bad. To the point where they thought they were going to have to move everything inside and delay the ceremony. I told them to just make a decision and get it over with. I didn't care where I was, I just wanted to get going. Thankfully, my mom and Big A told them that it was fine to do it outside and let's get this show on the road. Thank GOD because otherwise I never would have seen the BEAUTIFUL job that my mom and family did on decorating the ceremony site.

I had told my mom that I just didn't have it in me to plan anything else and just wanted to do the ceremony as is. I told her if she wanted to do it herself that was fine, but I was out of steam. And she did an absolutely AMAZING job. Seriously, I couldn't have done it better myself.

And just like that...everyone was brought downstairs for the ceremony. And I was alone. I started to get a bit emotional, but decided to distract myself instead. I looked out the window (Big A was hidden underneath the structure at the ceremony site), I walked around, I brushed my teeth.

Then the coordinator came up and got me. We travelled down in the elevator, and when we reached the lobby I saw my dad. It was just him there and I was so overcome with happiness, and love, and emotion that I started to cry. I screamed at the front desk for someone to get me tissues and by the time I had four boxes of tissues shoved in my face, I had regained my composure.

Then it was "Go!" time. We headed to the door and walked down the aisle in front of 150 of our closest friends and family. I walked with my father down to my soon to be husband, and it was the most amazing feeling of my life!

Next up... the ceremony! I am supposed to be getting the CD of all the pictures soon (so I don't have to show all of the watermarked pictures) so as soon as I get those then I will do another recap!

7 comments:

  1. I sort of wish that we would have gotten married later in the day, a noon wedding meant too much rushing around, but nothing I can do about it now!

    Love the getting ready pics, not all my girls got their hair done at the salon so I don't have as many of those photos but the ones I do have are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you and the girls had a great time getting ready. Love the dance party :) Can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these photos! Your pics with your bridesmaids are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are great!!! I loved the getting ready part of my wedding day. Everyone in the salon BS-ing and what not it was so great! The day of my wedding I was the same way!!! "Just do it! do whatever! i just want to get married!" Hahaha! Congratulations! happy Wedding bliss forever for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayayay amazing pictures, omg what a fun time getting ready!
    and i love your bouquet with the monkey tails (south) fiddle heads (north) wait... that's what you call them right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great pics!! You looked smokin'!!! Can't wait to see more pictures! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovvve these pictures! Looks like such a fun start to an incredible day!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...