Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wedding Recap: The Rehearsal Dinner

Oh hey!

Look who actually remembered how to post pictures. Go me!

Anyway... I figure that we have been married almost a month, I might as well tell you about it. I just got an e-mail from the photographer that our wedding pictures are done and she will be sending me the CD soon!

So... let's go back to September 7th, 2012 shall we...

I took the Thursday and Friday off before our wedding. I knew that work would be the worst place for me to be. And I was right. I loved having that time to just hang out.

On Friday, I woke up and met my mom and some of my girls to get our nails done. Then we had a delicious lunch at Panera. And then it was home to do 8 million things.

I told everyone to meet us half an hour early so that no one was late.Which was good because everyone was there on time, but the JP was running late from a wedding and got stuck in traffic so he was 20 minutes late.

No one minded though. There was a bar. Who can be mad when there was a bar?

Oh, and don't mind my hair. It rained for the 5 minutes that we were carrying things into the hotel. Of course.

From top left to bottom right: Jackums and her hubby; MOH J$ and Jackums, Best Man J and his leading lady; My brother, nanny, and mom; My (at that some) Future SIL Nat & Pickles; Me with my gorgeous bouquet; The Mamas; Nat & J$

Once the JP got there, it was time to get down to business. We practiced lining up. Where we would be. Where we should stop for pictures. Blah blah blah. The one saving grace was that our JP was freaking HYSTERICAL! So it made the time fun and totally put me at ease. I think Big A was a little nervous, but I felt fine.

At that point, whatever was going to happen would happen so I just let it all go.

From top left to bottom right: My shoes for the rehearsal (that lasted for about 10 seconds); Me and the JP, My dad practicing giving me away; Big A and I learning how to get married; Some of our Groomsmen; Pops practicing walking me down the aisle.

After that, it was time for dinner. My fabulous MIL & FIL had dinner set up at one of our favorite restaurants. We were in a private room and it was perfect. My SIL prepared a slideshow of pictures from when Big A and I were little all the way up to when we met, got engaged, and up until the wedding. It took me about 3 pictures of Baby A before I was bawling. It was such a sweet thing for her to do. Totally unexpected, but we absolutely loved it!


Then it was time for a little Bridesmaid photo shoot.

And a photo shoot with the guys. The last picture is one of our Groomsmen with his Fiance and Big A's mom!

After that, we packed everything up and I headed back to the hotel and Big A headed home. It was a little bittersweet saying goodbye. I knew that I was going to miss him, but at the same time, I knew that the next time I saw him would be when we were about to become Husband and Wife.

I totally expected to be a giant ball of nerves, but at that point I was fine. Honestly, none of it really hit me until the Reception. I was totally fine until that point. After that, I think my body finally let me feel everything that I needed to feel and I was uber overwhelmed. BUT, it was an absolutely fabulous time regardless.

Can't wait to share more!

Next up... Bridesmaid Gifts. I'll have to check to see if I took any pictures of the Groomsmen stuff. Probably not... haha.

Happy Tuesday Bitches!!!


5 comments:

  1. your hair looks great! glad to see you had a great time!

    love the tip on lying about the time... get everyone there when you need them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE All the pictures! OMG Big A's mom was sooooo sweet to put together the slideshow. I would have busted out crying too! And your Shoes!!!! LOVE THEM! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great rehearsal! It rained as we were going into our rehearsal as well but luckily it did not rain on the wedding day. Can't wait to hear/see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THOSE SHOES! Even if you didn't wear them for very long LOL ...and your hair was fine girlfriend! Looks like so much fun ;)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...