Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Hello Lovers!

I have to say... it totally SUCKED getting back into the groove of things today.

Even Mr. Fresh was like, "why the f*@& are we getting up so early? Don't you know it's cold?".

Yeah... you know it is a rough morning when you have to force the dog to get up and go outside.

I had a lovely Thanksgiving break.

Which seemed short to me, but apparently not since Big A talked about how he would "feel the same way if I had ALL that time off". Yeah... ALL. I was sick Wednesday. I had Thursday off (like him) and then Friday. He unfortunately had to work this year the day after Thanksgiving (they switch off years). But he also had to work his normal Saturday, which sucks.

Anyway...my Thanksgiving was fabulous.

We started at my aunt and uncle's house for appetizers. We chatted, laughed, drank.

Unfortunately, when they sat down to eat, we had to go.

Booooooo!

As much as I would have LOVED to stuff my face twice, it was probably better that we left before eating. Last year was rough with literally two dinners, back to back (with only driving time in between).

We left my aunt and uncle's house and headed over to Big A's parents' house.

I absolutely LOVE his family so it was awesome to see all of them, but I do have to say... it still is hard sharing holidays. Ya know. I always feel like I am missing out on something.

Now, someone just needs to get a HUGE house and we can have EVERYONE together and I don't have to choose. Done and done.

Who wants to guess that my first post after THAT holiday will be about how much I love our families, but dear GOD there was too many people in one place??? Haha.

So we ate, chatted, drank some more. And oh my was I full after. Seriously, I was like my stomach feels the firmest it ever has in my entire life and it is ALL food. THAT'S how full I was.

After that, we watched our Wedding video, which Big A's uncle had brought with him. It was fun to see it all again.

Then it was time to go home. I immediately switched into PJ's and sat down to watch the Patriots game.

And holy SHIT that was a game! Seriously, amazing. I was fighting the nod, but about half way through the 4th quarter I asked Big A if there was any way that the Jets could still win and he said no. So I promptly passed the eff out.

Friday was spent hanging out with Mrs. C and snuggling with her adorable baby boy. And then Friday night was wine night, which also was our 2 year anniversary of wine night.

We celebrated with far too much wine and Dance Central. Typical.

Saturday was lovely. I met Jackums and N for lunch. Then returned home for a whole lot of nothing. Big A and I had a little impromptu date night when he got home and were in bed watching TV by 9:30.

I know. I know. We are CRAZY!

Sunday was a whole lot of errands. Capping the night off with a fabulous family dinner.

And then here we are. Monday. The bane of my existence. SO FAR AWAY from the next day off.

Boooo!

Welp, I hope you all had a FABULOUS Thanksgiving and that today isn't too rough for ya!

Here's hoping we can all make it through the week!

Smooch!


6 comments:

  1. oh I know, waking up today was the worst. and it's so so cold. ok it was 33, and I'm sure it was like 13 where you are, but yikes I don't like it. at least the sun's out when I leave the house. I seriously don't know how you get to work so early. you deserve like 18 awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man!Lucky duck to have had all that time off! I sooo wish we celebrated an american thanksgiving here! ha ha! Ours seems like SO long ago! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! And that game was ridiculous. The Patriots were on fire and I don't think the Jets could have sucked any more. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Pats game was ridic! And I totally would have shoved Thanksgiving 2 down my gullet. You are a better person than I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting up this morning was so painful, I could have taken another month off and still not been ready to go back to work after 4 whole days off.....

    I was in bed no later than 11 all weekend so don't feel bad :) last night I passed out at 8:45, Star Wars is way too boring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic "getting to know you" post! I've decided that I officially NEED a petite lap giraffe in my life. Onto the Christmas list it goes!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...