Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wedding Recap: The Wedding Party

First things first. I'm a idiot and never published my Wedded Bliss Wednesday post from last week. Go me! So when I found it this morning, I had to post. So lucky you guys get TWO posts today. You can see it here.

Back in June (of 2011), I wrote this post about choosing my Bridesmaids.

They say that you should wait as long as you can before you choose your girls. That friendships change, people move, things fall apart. Like most things, I thought I was immune to all of that BS.

I wasn't. But in the end, it didn't matter. I ended up with 5 of the absolute most amazing girls. They were awesome. Seriously, I don't know how they pulled everything off so well, because honestly I am one picky bitch.

But everything was perfect.

And come time for the wedding, I couldn't wait to see how all of their dresses came together. If you have been around for awhile, you know that we went shopping twice. Once with Jackums and Mrs. C in October 2011 because they were pregnant and would be definitely showing by the time the rest of the girls went. You can read the Prego Mego Dress Search here. Then the rest of the girls went in January 2012. You can read that here.

So, I hadn't gotten a chance to see all the dresses together. All I knew was that they were all floor length and the same color (The only stipulation I gave them. They picked whatever dress they wanted).

Alright, I'll stop yapping. You're not here to listen to me talk. You want the goods.

All of us girls together. OMG, I LOVE the way the dresses look together.

Me with each Bridesmaid. From left to right.
Me and Nat (SIL), Jackums and I, and then Mrs. C and I

Pickles and I, & then my MOH J$ and I.
FYI if anyone knows how to edit the pictures so they don't crop people's faces off in Picasa when doing a collage... please tell me HOW!!!


Now onto the boys. Not as pretty, but still pretty good looking. (That last one if my favorite)

All the boys. From left to right. J, Pags, Ry-Dizzle, D, and Cull (my brosiff)

And because I got accessories pictures... Big A getting his boutonniere put on. So happy that he actually looks happy and not like he wants to run haha... And then Big A's watch. His grandfather gave him that watch and it is very special to him. We made sure to have it all cleaned up and a new strap put on so that he could wear it the day of the wedding.

I'm so happy that I went with the approach that I did when we were picking the bridesmaid dresses. I know a lot of people say that it is too distracting to have different dresses, but I disagree. I looked at a lot of pictures and as long as they were the same color and length, it wasn't something that stuck out like a sore thumb. Ya know. The girls got to pick dresses that they wanted and they were comfortable and they got to pay what they wanted. I loved the way it turned out.

I've been a bridesmaid a few times before and there is NOTHING worse than wearing a dress that you don't like. You just feel uncomfortable all day and it shows in the pictures. I'm just lucky that they all actually liked the color and all looked GREAT in red!

That's all for today folks! Next week... Ceremony!

10 comments:

  1. Love the pics! I almost did the same thing with my dresses but I couldn't find anything at the stores that I liked that was cheap. So I had someone make my bridesmaids dresses for less than $75 with the fabric and labor. It worked out pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In picasa when you make collages you can choose the size (4x6, 5x7, 8x10) so try it on each to see how it looks best. Usually if you do 4x6 it won't cut off heads!

    Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics! The dresses are perfect - that shade of red is gorgeous.

    For photo editing, I use iPiccy.com. I don't know if it will be easier for you but I like it so much better than Picasa, plus it's free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bridesmaids dresses look great together! How nice that they all got to pick a dress that they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bridesmaids are gorgeous!!!! And you of course looked super amazing and gorgeous too! The dresses look sooo good together! I love the idea of having the same length and color. So often with different lengths the dresses come out looking crazy in pictures and all you can do is stare at that one girl's legs who are all out there lol! Top secret info... tell no one... I use picmonkey.com for EVERYTHING. it is the best. And free and I like it better than picasa too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dresses are fantastic! I don't know why people hate on different styles of dresses, if I had a dollar for every time I looked atrocious in a bridesmaid dress... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww I love it! You guys all loooked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. everyone looks so great - i just love the colors! I agree - the diff. style dresses look great together, that was def. a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't even really tell that they are different dresses! Your girls looked great in them and you looked amazing too! And I am on the same page as Leah! I use picmonkey.com too! It is an awesome website!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that you gave the girls an option... i wish that happened to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...