Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Recap

Oh hey friends!

Happy Monday! I'm sure all of you were cursing the alarm clock this morning as I was.

I decided to ignore it. With led me to wake up late. Couldn't find my keys. The dog stole my socks. The windshield on my car wasn't defrosted enough to drive right away.

Yep. That was my morning. Walked into work half an hour late to the one in a million days that my boss was here before 8:00 AM.

Kill me.

"Late today are we?"

Happy effing Monday.

That's all my complaints though. My weekend was pretty effing awesome.

And no I don't have any pictures to prove it. You'll just have to trust me.

Friday was a whole lot of nothing. Got in a good workout at the gym. Came home and made dinner. Then I ordered our thank you cards for the wedding AND our Christmas cards.

I know. I know. I'm amazing. Haha.

Saturday was spent running errands with Ma Dukes. Followed by going to the Turkey Shoot. Which is an event that the town Big A is from does every year that raises money for charity. Businesses donate money (and turkeys) and you put either 50 cents or $1 depending on the size of the turkey down on a square. Every square has a sponsor and a number. Then they spin the wheel and whatever number is lands on is the winner of that turkey.

They have away 70 turkeys. I did not win (one year I won TWO though, but then again, what the hell am I going to do with a turkey). But it was fun anyway. We went with a bunch of friends, so it was a good time. We went back to J$'s and Ry-Dizzle's house to play pool after.

It was a good day. I went WAY over my calories. But it was a good day.

Sunday, I woke up feeling guilty and not hungover so I hit the gym before I could talk myself out of it. I kicked some ass and then headed to the grocery store. Unfortunately forgetting to put deodorant on in the morning (before I left the house because I ran out so quick after getting up) and didn't have any in my car. I doused myself in perfume, but would like to apologize to the other shoppers for my smell.

And my appearance. I probably could have washed my make up off from the night before first, but I didn't think of it. And I probably could have grabbed a sweatshirt that Mr. Fresh apparently WASN'T using to catch all of his shedded fur. I promise I am not a hooker. I have a nice home and I do shower often.

After that I made Big A and I some lunch and we headed out to the football game at our friends' house. During the 4th quarter, the girls all went out on the four wheelers in the woods which was a blast. I've only been on one once or twice before, so it was fun. A little nervous, but fun. Haha.

Big A and I went home after the game so I could change out of my soaking wet shoes and jeans from the huge ass puddle we went through. Note to self: wear boots and lift up your feet when going through huge ass puddles.

We live and we learn.

I prepped some breakfast for today. Elle Noel found me last week and I checked out her blog back. Other than finding her freaking awesome (check out her weight loss story, girlie kicked some ass!) she had a recipe posted for these Breakfast cups. I've been looking for a yummy, low cal, hot breakfast and this was just the ticket. Find the recipe here. Since I'm a weenie and don't like spinach or mushrooms, I just did the turkey sausage with onions and a little bit of cheese.

A couple disclaimers:

I don't know what was up with my oven, but they weren't cooked in the 25 minutes. It sucks. I ended up bumping it up to 400 and cooking it longer until it looked right. They should pop up when they are almost done or done, not be flat with the top of the cup.

Also, unless you like to be the smelly person in the office, don't use onions. I don't think I would use them again. It is all I can smell. Good thing I only made a couple for this week.

Otherwise, delicious and it was only 124 calories for two of them. Holler.

And that's all for today.

I started tomorrow's recap of the ceremony, so hopefully I remember to finish it so I can post it tomorrow!

Have a great day lovers! I hope Monday is treating you well.

And only 3 days left until we get to shovel our faces full of food.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend, especially the Turkey Shoot. I am so ready for some turkey Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A turkey shoot sounds insane, plus I love that you won 2. One is definitely enough for one year hahah. Also, I'm totally the "forgot my deoderant" lady. Constantly. It makes me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. I am going to have to go look at that recipe. They sound really good! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait... so you don't shoot turkeys at the turkey shoot or you do? down here it's like guns and dead birds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy busy busy!!! I want to know the same thing as Leah!! You don't shoot them do you?! I know that late feeling! My boss at my old job, never there until later but the day I was running a bit behind that's when he was there and already had his cup of coffee. Tomorrow is Tuesday and then Humpday! Put a smile on your face and walk in with your head help high tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...