Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Women Connect Link-Up


I'm going to distract you from realizing that I forgot to post wedding pictures with this nifty little link-up that Becky is doing. 

Did it work?

I apologize for using the word "nifty".

Anywho... moving on.

I've had this post open for awhile. Like Becky, I'm having trouble introducing myself. I mean what are you supposed to say really?

My name is Kayleigh, I like long walks on the beach, dinners at sunset....

It's weird.

So I'll just jump on in. I suppose.

I started blogging about 2 1/2 years ago. With this post. (Try not to fall off your seat with how exciting it is) I've always been into writing and I missed it. Plus, my family was kind of scattering across the country (and half of my family lived in another country) and I thought that it would be nice to start a little place where we could all keep in touch.

You know... kind of like Facebook stalking, only you are actually emotionally invested in this person's life. They can read and know what's going on, but we don't have to have those awkward "Sooo... how are things?" discussions because we already know. And then my cousin started a blog and I thought, "yep... now's the time to do it. We will all start blogs and keep in touch and everything will be perfect!"

Wishful thinking, I suppose, but it was a good thought at the time.

So, I wrote. About everything. And my only follower was my mom.

And honestly? It was a lot more freeing then. I could write about whatever I wanted because I knew the only person that I had to worry about was my mom. I mean, not that I talked trash or anything, but I wasn't worried about what other people would think. I didn't know that there was an entire Blogging world out there. And honestly, my most popular post was written when I didn't have any followers (well, other than my mom). It was this one, where I demonstrate my ADD. And then there's the one on Petite Lap Giraffes. That brought a lot of readers.

But, back then, I wrote because I didn't really know where I stood in life. I was two years out of college. Had just started my first office job. I was living with my boyfriend. And I was struggling with the fact that I was caught in this "in between" stage. Ya know. I still felt like a kid, but I quite obviously wasn't. I mean, kids don't pay rent, or have to clean their apartment, or have 401K's. Ya know. And I wasn't sure how much I liked it.

So, rather than spend lots of money on expensive therapy, I just poured it all out here.

And then in 2011, Big A and I got engaged. I had been stalking every single wedding blog that I could find and I had found all of these amazing ideas and all of these amazing people and I just felt like I had found my place. Ya know.

I made friends. REAL friends. People I talk to daily about everything. The only difference between them and my IRL friends is that I don't see them. And I like some of them better. (HA! Kidding!)

It wasn't until recently. After getting married and going through all of the planning and such that I realized that this truly was. I have documentation of one of THE most amazing and important times in my life. I can look back on most days and know exactly how I was feeling. I can remember little details which I'm sure I have already forgotten. And I am so so thankful that I have that.

And now... I'm a newlywed. Navigating through another transition in life, only this time, my place is clear. I mean, I've always had trouble with change. I'm no good at it. Keep me on the straight and narrow and I'll be fine as pie (is that a saying, or did I just make it up?). Take me on a detour and my palms start to get a little sweaty. Not really a fan. But honestly, right now, I feel like this is where I was supposed to be. My entire life. When everything felt wrong, and off, and sideways, and upside down. It was all just to get to this place.

I was meant to be Big A's wife. I have NEVER been more comfortable in a role, in a space, in a time, in my ENTIRE life. And I'm not saying it as the only thing that I am aspiring to be is a wife (although I am STILL trying to convince Big A that I would be  BANGIN' Trophy Wife if he just gave me a shot... and maybe a boob job). I'm just saying that I found my place.

And I have all of that right here. Most of that journey has been documented.

I think I'm rambling now. And maybe getting off topic. But I guess I'm just trying to explain where I am now.

I'm a wife. A daughter. A sister. A sister in law. A daughter in law. A cousin. A friend. A blogger. A co-worker.

I'm crazy OCD. I cry at sad movies, shows, commercials, newspaper articles. You name it. I'm anxiety-ridden by the littlest things. I've struggled with depression. I've made it through some effed up shit. I've been at rock bottom.

I've worked my way up. I've made something of myself. I've kicked ass in this little thing called life and got to somewhere in life that I want to be.

I'm incredibly loyal to my friends and family. I absolutely DESPISE lying and won't tolerate it. I cut out toxic people, and don't apologize for it. I love to laugh and giggle and just be absolutely incredibly insane with my friends, and my husband. I like to be myself, and won't spend much time around people who I can't do that with.

I spent a lot of time figuring out who this person was. And she isn't going back now. I am me.
Unapologetic me.

And I guess that's all.

If you've made it this far, then I congratulate you. I know there aren't any fancy pictures. But, I haven't had a good free rant in awhile. So I guess this was a good thing.

Thanks to Becky, for putting on this link-up so we can all get to know each other a little better. And ourselves a little better as well, I suppose.

Now. Your turn. What about you?

8 comments:

  1. You make me smile...that is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post - the documentation of the amazing important things is just so priceless, makes it worth the effort for sure! ps, I hope you get to be a trophy wife one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!
    I think a common theme here among the woman linking up today is our desire to document our lives for the opportunity to look back one day.
    Love your blog,can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! It's interesting why we start blogging and what it grows into. You are doing a rocking job lady friend! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I feel the same way. I started my blog as a way to find out more about wedding planning and just to document things going on. It was a way for me to get things off my chest without everybody knowing what was going on, because back then I had like 2 followers, haha! And I have met some amazing people, like yourself, through this process! I feel like I am still finding my way in the blog world, but I like that I feel like I am finding my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I started my blog with no real sense of direction just to update our friends and family on our wedding. Along the way I've met some great bloggers and couldn't imagine not blogging. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang girl, this is pretty much the best blog post ever! it is total full circle. Like a romantic comedy with a super good sappy kind of ending when you just know the characters will ride into the sunset together and be happy. I'm totally jealous of your blog & readers. I feel like I have a zillion stalkers at work, my family, my former family (or ex-family? not sure of the term). Basically people all nosey up in my biz. And because of that I can't really talk about the good things and bad things. It might get held against me, like for real-real. So it's always only the good things. Or semi-interesting things. Or things that put cash in this girls pocket and/or free stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this post. i, too, started my blog out of frustration of not having a place to put everything - and not necessarily having the money for therapy. it turned into something with a mind of its own!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...