Thursday, December 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to...ME!!!

Hello Lovers!

Today we celebrate one of my favorite holidays (and yours I'm sure!), MY BIRTHDAY!!!

I have to tell you that this year has been a little different. With the whole house situation taking up 85% of my focus and work being about 14%, it really didn't leave room for much else. I've forgotten numerous times that it was almost my birthday, which is NOT normal for me.

Honestly, I was up for a good 15 minutes this morning before I realized.

Eh, shit happens.

I'm spending my birthday working, which is something that I would never EVER think of doing in the old days, but Mama has to work to pay them bills ya know!

So, here I am.

 I took a little time to reminisce through birthdays past, thought that it might get me in the spirit a little more ya know.

You can check out the posts from last year here and here.The BIG 2-6.

And the BIG 2-5 here. (Yeah, was SO not a fan of turning 25, but it was the year we got engaged, so it couldn't have been too bad!)

I'm a lucky girl. Seriously. I have the BEST family and friends that a girl could ask for. I am always spoiled rotten and they always make sure that I have a great time.

I'm a little apprehensive about turning 27, for a few reasons.

1) It seems so old. I mean, I am legit in my LATE 20's now. I know that I kind of was last year, but I labeled myself as mid to late 20's so that I could sleep at night.

2) 26 was such an amazing year for me that I'm a bit sad to let it go. With all the wedding planning, the wedding events, the freaking wedding itself, and now buying a house...26 was pretty fucking good to me. I really can't complain. It's just sad to let that time go.

BUT, I'm sure 27 has some good stuff in store for me too...I hope.

Tonight is a fabulous dinner with my husband and my family at our house. Followed by some shenanigans this weekend. Should be a good time. I'm going to have to remember that I am old now and can't hang, which was pretty apparent from last year when I spent most of my birthday weekend hungover as a mofo.

Now...I just need to get through these next 8 hours and head home where I can start drinking ridiculous amounts of wine! But not too much that I don't enjoy my delicious birthday dinner!

I hope you are all doing something fun to celebrate my birthday! This day is as much about you as it is about me. Hahahaha just kidding. This day is totally all about me!!!

But still feel free to celebrate...and send gifts...although I'm not currently getting my mail, so it might take awhile for me to get them!

Smooches!!!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! 27 will be awesome!!!! Your life gets better & better with each year. I can't even imagine all the awesomeness 27 has for you. Have a super awesome amazing fabulous day and week and weekend! XOOXOOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOFACE! Even though you're working, have the BEST day ever and I hope Big A has some good stuff planned for you this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday! 27 is still young and fun so ENJOY it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!!! I will have a glass of wine with dinner tonight to celebrate!! I hope that you have an amazing day and that your family spoils you rotten!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday love!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...