Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So What! Wednesday

Linking up with Shannon today for So What! Wednesday!

Which is probably the only reason that I'm writing today. As you can tell from the lack of writing yesterday, I'm hitting a bit of a wall. There's a lot I want to talk about, but none of it is exactly blog-material.

In other words, these are the times that I wish my blog wasn't so public with people who know me in every day life. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that my friends and family read this. I do. It is so amazing that they support me the way that they do.

However, these are the days that I miss writing in a private diary. Ya know, where no one will read your deepest darkest secrets...or at least when they do you are probably long gone and it won't really matter. Or if someone does, you can avoid the fact of what you actually wrote and focus on the fact of how much they are an asshat for reading your private thoughts.

Anyway...

This week I am saying So What! if...

* I am becoming a bit of a hermit. I thoroughly enjoy staying home, with a nice fire in the fireplace, drinking a delicious glass of wine with my husband. And I am totally fine doing that every single night. I worry sometimes that I am missing a lot, but then I think that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. And I have wine night planned for Friday...so that should give a a nice fix.

* I had THE most awkward encounter with my doctor yesterday. Starting with my giggling when he said "now...show me your belly" (before any rumors start it was was stomach doctor...not a baby doctor) and then realizing I didn't know where to place my hands, and then realizing that I was pretty much grabbing my own boobs, which made me feel awkward, but then I felt more awkward moving them because then I would be calling attention to it. Way to go me.

* I had a mini freak out this morning when I went to my car and realized that it was still freezing (despite having been running for 15 minutes) and screamed, "NO! It is too cold for you to be an asshole and not have heat!" and then realized that the head just wasn't on...which then made my outburst seem a bit silly.

* I do nothing to work on the house during the week. Nothing. I'm tired. And it's cold. And most everything I need to unpack is in the basement and the basement is scary. Seriously, it is like the perfect setting for a horror movie. Complete with spooky shadows, a loud furnace, and just all around creepy feel.

* I spent a good hour doing my nails last night. Santa got me the "at-home" gel manicure kit and I'm obsessed. But it is a process, especially if you already have it on. Takes FOREVER to get it off. I'm thinking of doing a post on my review. Thoughts?

* I spend a lot of my time eavesdropping on conversations at work. You would be surprised the shit you hear when you just stop and listen for a second.

* If I want to put a door on my cube so people can't come in it. Seriously, there is this woman who comes into my cube daily, walks behind me, and sits her butt on my desk. I'm not usually a germaphobe, but someone's ass is the last thing I would want on my desk. Ya know...where I put my stuff, where my hands touch, where I eat my food. Personal space people. Personal space.

* If said woman and I would have a totally different relationship if she pulled the shit she does outside of the office. Along with invading my personal space, she takes is a step further and invades my personal bubble. One of my BIGGEST pet peeves, is people who touch me for no good reason. Or for too long. I don't mind a pat on the arm, or a quick hug, but anything longer than that makes my skin crawl and puts me in a bad head space. I struggle between completely shutting down and wanting to freak out and scream stop touching me. Which would probably be bad for my career.

* I am WAY too excited to try the new wine that I bought yesterday. I swear I'm going through every single Reisling that comes from Germany (they are sweeter than other Reislings), and although I'm not hating it, my bank account kind of is. Whoops!

Alright lovers. That's all for today. I'm hoping to get some good stuff posted for you soon. Finish the Wedding Recaps so I can FINALLY recap the Honeymoon. And then I can start on the progress we have made on the house. That's my goal for this week/weekend.

Smooches!

7 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people are becoming hermits these days as far as blogging is concerned. I think it's just the post holiday blues lol. I know I've been lacking material myself. It's ok to just step back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, I'm a hermit too. I love when plans get cancelled so I can be in my sweatpants cocoon. I also love that you do awkward things like me and grab your boobs in inappropriate situations. I do that...like, A LOT.

    Also, email me stat. I wanna know what's going on with you woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a hermit too! Its been icky outside here and I just don't want to do anything or spend any money!

    Also, I hate when people come in my office and start moving things around and sneezing and hacking all over my stuff! Everyone has been sick, except me and I plan to keep it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha- every.single.thing. made me laugh here today! Thank you- I needed a good laugh. I think we all are kind of lacking in content. It's winter and craziness just went down with the holidays. Your basement and co-worker- ha. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the year of the horses....it's the year of the Hermits!!! I love being a hermit! Nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice that you have a home that you love to be in! And I am pretty much a hermit as well. I like staying home. I don't spend money that way, haha! And ditto on the office door thing! I wish I could shut mine without people being assholes about it. Ugh! And I am pretty sure that I never do anything in our house until the weekend. You should see my kitchen right now. Full on disaster. But that shiz is going to have to wait till this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to see a review on the gel manicure!!!! I've been wanting to try it!
    http://ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...