Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Recap

Woah friends, this weekend FLEW by.

Probably because we were so busy.

Friday, Big A and I went and hung out with some friends for a little and had a few beers. We grabbed some take-out on the way home and then Big A's cousin and girlfriend came over. Which is when I decided that it was time to switch to wine.

Worst.decision.ever.

I woke up Saturday morning feeling like a bag of smashed assholes. I couldn't help but think that this was my karma payback from thinking I was hot shit for waking up New Year's Day feeling like a million bucks.

It was bad.

But after a coffee, half a bagel, and two slices of pizza I was almost able to walk by the beer/wine fridge without throwing up in my mouth.

Success!!!

Ma Dukes and I got to work on some organizing and stuff around the house, and my dad came over to start prepping to move the washer/dryer.

You see... I feel in love with our washer & dryer and GROSSLY underestimated the size of our bathroom. But, I ordered it anyway because measuring is for pansies.

Unfortunately, they didn't quite fit next to each other. Fortunately, they could be stacked. However... the vent for the dryer needed to be moved and we needed to order a longer power cord for the dryer until we can get the outlet moved. So, it was a process. We finally got all of the stuff in and then Christmas took over. I waited patiently even though you couldn't open either door all the way, and if something was stuck in the back you couldn't get it. And I had to move the toilet paper holder, the toilet brush, and the trash can around the room depending on what I was doing in there.

I wanted to scream.

So, Pops to the rescue!!! He got it all set up and now I have my bathroom back. It's like a whole new world.

Ma Dukes and I were able to clear out the office (mostly) and get the temporary curtains hung in the living room.

Saturday night, Big A and I were wild and crazy. We stayed in and watched a movie.

I know. I know. Insane, right?!

Sunday, we slept in. Then went furniture shopping, but came up with nothing. We are going to have to keep looking for the perfect couch!

Pops came over and finished the bathroom. Big A worked on his car. And I worked to unpack more clothes, get the closet set up, unpack all my jewelry boxes so I can slowly make my way back into the world of being a girl.

After that, I headed over to my parents' house for our Sunday night family dinner.

The head mysteriously disappeared in my car, which made for a fun 25 degree car ride. And Mr. Fresh has apparently learned how to open the window on his own, so that made things a little more chilly. Thankfully, I needed to stop for gas, so I pulled in, wrangled his furry face out of the window, closed it, and put on the child lock. Thankfully, the heat was back on when I started my car up, so I did a little happy dance and went about my way. The rest of the car ride was pretty uneventful...unless you count Mr. Fresh slapping his paw on the door wondering why the window wouldn't go down. Freak.

I'm kind of on the fence about that one. On the one hand, I'm truly impressed that he figured it out and I don't want him to think that he doesn't know it, when he does. On the other hand it is fucking cold out an I don't need the window open. Or him learning the hard way that he has to take his head OUT of the window before he puts it up.

Anyway... family dinner was a blast. My Nanny was back from Ireland and my aunt came too so we just spent the night chatting away and eating a freaking delicious dinner that my dad cooked.

By about 9:30 the dogs started fighting, so I made the executive decision that it was time to leave. And on my way I went. It was a pretty uneventful ride home as well, until right before I turned onto my street when a dog ran out in front of my car and I slid on ice trying to avoid it. Thankfully, the dog, my car, myself, and Mr. Fresh are all OK...minus a mini heart attack. But it definitely made me wonder why someone would let their dog out, at night, with no leash, on dark heavily-wooded wicker curvy road. Doesn't exactly seem safe.

And that's all folks. A long, rambling recap of my incredibly uninteresting weekend.

Hope you all are having a fabulous Monday.

Smooches!

3 comments:

  1. woo hoo so glad you have your washer/dryer all hooked up and in place!

    and mr fresh is clearly beyond genious for knowing how to open his own window. high 5-paw to him!

    I love how your family is legit Irish. I think it's soo cool your Nanny went back to visit! Please tell me she has an accent! (Irish not New England lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The washer and dryer are fixed! It sounds like you had a pretty productive weekend. And your dog is seriously smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just cleaned our washer and dryer and threw out the idea of getting some new ones. Now I really want new ones.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...