Monday, January 14, 2013

Weekend Recap

OMG, I am unprepared for class today.

Frigging 11:11 before I get my ass to post.

In all fairness, we have the big wigs coming in today for a big meeting.

So, I've been partially busy. And partially needing to watch what I have up on my computer screen. :)

This weekend was a good one.

Friday night, I had all the girls over for Wine Night (well, most of the girls) and it was a blast. We had delicious food, drank way too much (at least I did), and chatted. It was a blast. And Ma Dukes even came! Which it was great to have her! (See Ma! That means come back! haha)

Saturday was a bit rough. Can't imagine why. Haha. So much for my cutting back on drinking and smoking. Whoops!

I did some laundry, changed the sheets (because I am now obsessed with freshly washed sheets now that I can do it any time I want, I'm pretty sure our sheets will last like a month because I am washing them just so they smell fresh...we aren't dirty...I just love the smell of our detergent!).

Then Mama and I went to check out some couches. We figured we would cross a place off the list so that Big A and I didn't have to go, since there's not a lot of time the both of us can go.

But, it turns out that they were having a 50% off sale. And I found the perfect couch/love seat.

I dragged Big A back on Sunday and we bought it on the spot. Now we just need to make it through the next 8 weeks! Wah!


(Sorry the pics are weird, at least I FINALLY got something to load. Thanks to Firefox, still can't on IE)

Saturday night we went to an annual Christmas Tree Burning Bonfire. It was fun. We were old people and were home by 11:00 PM.

Sunday we bought the couch. I went and had a LOVELY lunch with my family, and then Big A and I went to watch the game with friends. What a NERVOUS game! This week is going to have me be an anxiety ridden mess! 

Sunday night, Big A and I got our fat kid on and ate too much food. I went to bed with a belly ache. Shocking. At some point it WILL get through my thick skull that I feel better when I don't eat trash. Someday...

Now we are back to good 'ole Monday. Ick. Counting down the days until Friday. As usual.  

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! Smooch! 



8 comments:

  1. Love the couch! I am also convinced that people just use me for access to my mom because they love her so much. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the couch! Why do you have to wait 8 weeks though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the couch, ordering furniture sucks! We had to wait 6 weeks for our new couch and loveseat and now we are getting ready to order a bedroom set that could take 3 months to make! But it will be beautiful and so worth it!!! Check out the picture on my weekend recap post and let me know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and at least your team won this weekend! Gah!!! Damn Broncos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found a couch. It looks nice. Too bad it is going to take 8 weeks!

    And YAY Pats!! I didn't even watch but happy they won!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun weekend! And I love your sofa! It will look good with everything. and you can get fun pillows and switch them out for the seasons! and yes i totally fat-kidded it up this weekend too. how is january not even over yet and i feel like a diet/exercise faiure already. oh well today's a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog... and for starters, who DOESN'T always look forward to Friday? I can say that I surely do!

    Girls nights are the BEST (especially with an abundance amount of wine! YUM!) Sorry you weren't feeling too hot on Saturday though (all worth it for a good Friday night though, right?)

    Love your new couches! They are AMAZING and look super comfy. Do they really not come in for another 8 weeks? What a bummer... But, it'll be worth the wait!

    Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...