Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Whole Lot of Nothing

Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day Lovers!
 
This morning was a doozy! Doozie? (I hate when I don't know how to spell made-up words)
 
I shut off my alarm, and woke up 5 minutes before I was supposed to be at work.
 
Couldn't fund ANYTHING I was looking for.
 
Forgot my phone and had to turn around to get it.
 
Slid on ice and almost crashed into a snow bank.
 
Traffic sucked.
 
And I smashed my knee on my car getting out of it.
 
Today was one of those days that I should have stayed in bed.
 
Just call me Calamity Jane.
 
Last night Big A and I ventured out of the house to hit up a book store. He was looking for a book on big blocks that he never found. And I got dinner. Seems like a win to me.
 
Then we came home and watched TV in bed. At 9:00 PM.
 
Now look, I know that we are pretty wild and crazy, and I'm sure that you are jealous of us, but I have to tell you...this crazy, fly by the seat of your pants lifestyle isn't for everyone. Haha
 
Tonight, we will continue on with our tradition of staying IN on Valentine's Day.
 
After a few disastrous Valentine's Day, I think we have finally got it right, although I think I just jinxed myself. Although, they are all pretty disastrous.
 
This is our 6th Valentine's Day. One year we went to a crowded restaurant where you had to wait over an hour to get a seat, and then they seated us at a table that was pretty much connected to every other table, it was so packed. Group Valentine's dinner anyone?
 
Another year, I bought us lobster tails that turned out to be bad. They were black and smelled like rancid piss. Yummm. We ate frozen pizza that year. The next year, I bought pre-cooked lobster tails, but they were gross. We have given up on the lobster tails.
 
And last year, we did nothing. Nothing at all. We were at my grandfather's wake all day, so that kind of takes away any time for plans...ya know.
 
So this year... I plan to keep it SUPER low key. I am buying us some crab legs and making some rice and veggies. And that's it. A quiet dinner at home...hopefully.
 
Don't worry, I have a frozen pizza just in case.
 
What is everyone else doing for Valentine's Day? We aren't huge on gifts. I normally give Big A some candy and a couple cards, and he buys me flowers and takes me out to dinner on a day where it wouldn't be romance suicide. Anyone do it big for V-Day?
 
Ohh... and public service announcement... please resist the urge to send out an e-mail to your office that says, "Happy VD!!!". While it made my morning, I'm pretty sure that it isn't the most professional of "subject" choices.
 
Smooches!

7 comments:

  1. Somebody in your office actually did that????!!!! Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bAHAHAHAH! omggg! VD! Nooo!

    and I'm with you over on Britt's post about not bring cupcakes to your co-workers. Gav and I even made 2 doz cupcakes. and then I was like you know what, nope. only cupcakes for cool people. aka me and gav.

    and yeah, valentine's day is such a freak-out day for so many ppl. Andyou're totally right to do it low-key. even though crab legs sound super baller. BF's coming up here tonight & cooking me some sort of deliciousness. and i said i'd make dessert. aka he can have a cupcake Gav & I made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love VD on holiday's, what are you talking about?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha- best of luck on dinner tonight. Hopefully the frozen pizza won't be needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your morning didn't cooperate. Not going to lie, I hate this day. Always have, probably always will. I think it is cool that you guys keep it pretty low key. Maybe that's what we should do. Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love the happy VD e-mail. That would have made my entire day as well!!!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes rough morning!! Hope the crab legs work out for you tonight. :)

    A co-worker of mine said this morning that her and her husband are having lobster tails for dinner tonight hahah

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...