Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Ramblings

We have like 8,000 people visiting at the office, which means my normal quiet existence has been filled with constant chatter.
 
Due to the fact that I am largely anti-social unless there's a bottle of wine in my hand, this is difficult. Although, a co-worker did bring me in a bottle of wine this morning. I wonder if anyone would notice if I drank it.
 
Well...they would probably notice how friendly I am and that would probably tip them off. Whoops.
 
I'm not quite sure why RIGHT next to my desk seems to be the stopping point for people to chat, but apparently I am the place to be. And the fact that everyone is loud, everyone else has to talk loud to get their voice heard over them.

Really, it is a whole lot of fun.
 
Apparently I am grumpy today. What else it new.
 
I in a bit of denial that is is February. I mean, where the hell did January go? And next week is Valentine's Day. Which means we will be halfway through February. Weird.
 
I'm getting the feeling that this year is going to fly by, like last year did. I figured we had so much going on last year and that's why it went so fast. Apparently it is just what happens now. I mean, we have almost been married for 5 months.
 
5 months. That's almost half a year. WTF?! Ridiculous. 
 
Where does the time go?
 
I should probably finish our wedding recaps, huh? I JUST got our wedding pics in the mail. I mean, not our professional ones, those we are still waiting for, but at least it is something. Which means I can finally start to put some pictures in the collage frames that we have on the walls.
 
Speaking of walls...today is our two months of owning those walls (and the rest of the house). It already feels like home. I think it was meant to be. I never get used to places so easy! Haha. I remember that about two weeks after we lived there I drove home from work on auto-pilot and didn't really think about it until I pulled into the driveway. I realized I was home, I didn't think about the apartment. I just went home.
 
We are looking forward to it warming up outside so we can actually use the yard. And grill. And use the pool when it is warm. Oy. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere that it was warm all year round. I mean, I would like it to snow around Christmas, but other than that, I'm all set.
 
But, alas, Massachusetts is where it is at (apparently) and this is where we will stay.
 
On the workout front, I've been on the treadmill a bunch of times which is great. Unfortunately, I'm a big pansy and just walk the entire time. I mean, it is better than nothing. I walk for about an hour and usually get about 3 miles in. 300-400 calories burned depending on if I have it on a incline that day. But it isn't really doing much for me. I can't decide if I want to start the Couch to 5K all over again, or if I want to do an incline work out thing.
 
I know the Couch to 5K worked to get me into shape before, but I reached the point where I was running for two 10 minute intervals and it was painful to get through. Not so much physically, but mentally. I got bored. I mean, you can only run so far staring at the same spot on the wall before you remember that all you have to do is press stop and go do something interesting.
 
So who knows.
 
I'm taking a break from my Jillian Michaels Kick Boxing DVD (even though I LOVE it) because it always seems to make my back go out of whack. I mean, I can feel it being all wonky while I am doing the moves and then the next day it is Bad News Bears.
 
I'll find a solution. But, I hope it is soon because I'm sick of feeling like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. I would like to get back to feeling somewhat good about myself. Ya know.
 
Alright, that's enough rambling for the day. I'm outta here. Adios.

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing a walk/jog workout on my treadmill for the last three weeks and I'm bored with it already! I think I'll go back to my wuss P90X-ish DVD's next week to mix things up a little. They kick my butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously debating putting our treadmill in the living room just because I could all the stuff I normally do, but be walking/running. UGH. If only it fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh and I just got a kinnect "game" that has a bunch of work outs from mens health and womens health in it. Tracks your calories and all that too. We just got it a day or so ago so we havent actually done it yet. I'll let you know how it is though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has it seriously already been two months since you closed on the house? What???!!!! Time is flying! And you will find a great workout that I am sure you will love. Keep up the hard work and hey, at least you are doing something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get so bored running on the treadmill but now I workout at a time that the shows I like are on in the morning so I can watch them and not get so bored. And I can't believe you've had the house for 2 months already - time is really flying by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think time just flies as an adult. I remember being in HS and it felt like FOREVER for things to happen like Christmas break and summer- there were days it felt like it would never end. Now as an adult it feels like I blink and shit is over. WTF?! When did time start going faster?! Walking is SO better than nothing. You will find your groove girl.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...