Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wedding Recap: The Reception

Oh em gee... I can't believe we are almost done with the Wedding Recaps.
 
Hot damn!
 
Where were we...
 
Oh yeah...pictures.
 
After pictures, we got about 20 seconds of down time before it was time for us to line up. I couldn't eat, I couldn't drink. I had just made it through one of THE most stressful days of my entire life and I think it all caught up with me, in that very moment.
 
We all lined up, and they announced everyone...
 
and then it was just us...
 
Mr. and Mrs...
 
 
We danced to Adele's, "Make You Feel my Love", originally written by Bob Dylan.
 
And then it was time for speeches from the Best Man, the Maid of Honor, and my dad.

 
 
Then we got about another 20 seconds of down time. Haha.
 
I tried to eat, but it wasn't happening. Neither one of us really got to eat anything. There was always someone to talk to, or somewhere we needed to be. Which was fine, I wouldn't have changed anything for the world.
 
That's a lie... I wish I stuffed my face on the appetizers since I had been dreaming of them for months. BUT...you win some, you lose some. My night was still a win.
 
Then it was time for cake cutting. We behaved.
 
 
And then the Father/Daughter dance and Mother/Son dance.
 
My dad and I danced to Go Radio's, "Forever My Father".
 
Big A and his mom danced to Artie Shaw's, "Begin the Beguine".

 
A quick little look at the decor. I made the program box, the card box, and the place cards myself. You can read about the boxes here. I'll do another one about the place cards because those were a project in themselves. I also made the table signs. Every table was named after a classic car. An idea I had long before we got engaged to honor Big A's obsession. I wish I had more time to make them, but something I thought was going to be super easy wasn't, and well.. I ran out of time. They looked good anyway, just not perfect. I'm sure no one noticed, but me.
 
I LOVE how the centerpieces came out. They were so different from what I've always seen.
 
The cake was gorgeous and delicious. Although, I wish they had saved the top of the cake, it isn't a huge deal. I mean... I never cared about it until they couldn't find it. Plus, who wants to eat year old cake anyway. I'm just going to go to the bakery and get a topper for our anniversary.
 
We also has a Memory Table. We had a bouquet of flowers and pictures of all of our loved ones that couldn't be there. Unfortunately, the table was pretty full. But, it made us feel like they were all really there with us.

 
Next it was time for the bouquet and garter toss. Marizzle caught the bouquet and our friend Josh caught the garter. I was secretly hoping that it would be my brother and his girlfriend, but I refused to be one of those people who set it up so obviously.
 
The DJ said that the farther up her leg he put the garter, the more years we would be happy together. They were good sports about it. Haha.

 
And after that, we were pretty much done with all of our obligations and could just enjoy the night. We tried to get everything done in the beginning so we could have some time to just chill. I feel bad that everyone was pretty much just looking for us all night because we were all over the place.
 
By the end of the night, I was exhausted. I hadn't eaten. My stomach hurt. I was a mess. I think absolutely every single feeling that I had suppressed all day to keep my cool, just all came back at once.
 
I managed to hang out with everyone for a little bit, but I was definitely ready for bed.
 
All in all, it was an absolutely amazing night. I couldn't believe it was over so fast. I couldn't believe that our wedding day was over and done with already and we wouldn't have it again. All that planning, the time, the stress, the worry, the money. It was all done.
 
And we were Husband and Wife.
 
It was an incredibly amazing feeling. Like, this was where I was supposed to be the whole time. I just felt my entire body relax and just KNEW I was where I was supposed to be.
 
Next up, Photobooth pictures. Then Honeymoon. And probably a DIY for the place cards.

5 comments:

  1. Busy busy! Too bad they couldn't even give you a break to eat! :) Sounds like all of it was amazing. Glad you have all the pics to look back on to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reception pictures are so fabulous!
    I LOVE your place cards, and I want to see more pics of the centerpieces, they sound so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks amazing!!! I want to see a bigger centerpiece picture!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time. And yes, it does go by quickly. I almost hate that you have to put so much work into it and it ends so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite blog piece so far!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...