Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Another Post about Eating Right, Exercising, and Trying NOT to Look Like Shamu

Welp... here I am again...back on the eating right bandwagon.
 
Did you know that no matter how much you work out and watch what you eat, that if you stop completely and stuff your face with every bit of foot in a 10 mile radius that you actually gain the weight BACK?!?!
 
Insanity, right?!
 
Bullshit is more like it.
 
But, that's what I did folks. I lost 25 pounds, stuffed my face like every meal was my last, and guess what...I gained 10 of it back. In 6 months. Eww.
 
So, here I am again, trying to get back on track. I mean, it's not like I'm never going to indulge again, it's just that I need to really make this a lifestyle change. That it is part of my daily routine. I mean, I know we had the wedding, and the honeymoon, and buying a house, and sitting on the couch... but now that we are settled and I have a treadmill in my office, I have no excuse.
 
Plus...I have a pool. I can't be hiding in my house all Summer. I need to be outside with a cold beverage in hand becoming the bronzed Goddess that I deserve to be.

So, here we are.
 
I started last week...kinda. I bought a whole bunch of healthy food and prepped it all, blah blah blah. I did good during the day, but dinner and the weekend killed me, so there's that. Plus those protein cookies tasted like crap, so I threw them away. Ick.
 
I started to get serious yesterday. I ate well all day. Re-started the Couch to 5K program. And didn't throw down a bottle of wine. PROGRESS!!!
 
I made myself some healthy snacks. Low-fat banana chocolate chip muffins. I made them tiny so I feel like I ate more, and they are only 67 calories each, which is nice for a snack.
 
 
Turns out Big A loves them too. I tried to tell him that they were relatively healthy and he said, "don't tell me that, then I won't eat them" and then grabbed four more out of the bowl. Uhh... no shit Sherlock, I was TRYING to get you to stop eating them, but apparently that didn't work.
 
I also started to change my breakfast habits. My egg & cheese on an English muffin wasn't helping. So I make these breakfast cups again that I stole from Elle Noel. They aren't the most amazing things in the world, but they are pretty good for being healthy.

They taste better than they look. Promise. And they are so easy to make.
 
I managed to stay under my calories last night too. I went over my 1200, which I wasn't happy about, but I couldn't stop myself from eating those muffins. I HAD to make sure they weren't poisonous.
 
Find me on MyFitness Pal: MrsKtotheP
 
So, slowly, but surely. Running was a bit hard last night, but nowhere near as hard as it was when I started running last January. And honestly, it was my body that was the problem, not my breathing. It was both when I started. It's amazing what NOT smoking does to you.
 
OK...that's a lie. I quit smoking for a month. And I have been smoking a little here and there. But no more than 1 or 2 a day. And I haven't bought a pack in almost two months. So I say that's a win. I mostly enjoy a cigarette with a nice adult beverage, so that's kind of my downfall. BUT...it's better than it was. Right?
 
Anywho. That's what is going on now. I wish that there was a link-up like there was with Kristen to keep me honest. Seriously, if it wasn't for the fear of having to say, "Nope, didn't lose a pound, still fat this week" then I don't think I would have been so successful. And the amount of support I received when I succeeded, AND when I was struggling really got me through.
 
I tried starting my own before and it was like me and two other people, so I'm a bit hesitant to start one again.
 
BUT... hoping that I can stick on this. I wasn't at my goal before, so this is definitely a set back, but I'm back on track. If I can lose what I lost before in the time that I lost it before, then I should be at my goal in no time.
 
Alright, that's enough babbling for today. Just a little update on what I'm doing to not look like Shamu this Summer.
 

8 comments:

  1. Weight loss is a bitch! I can't imagine trying to quit food AND smoking at the same time. You WILL find your balance girl. You know what to do which is 1/2 the battle. Doing it is the other 1/2 which is easier said than done. I must say those muffins looked pretty damn good. Must share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! I know you can. And we should start another weekly link up. We could host it together. With you having over 100 followers and myself having over 100, I bet we would get more participation. We should talk about it! And I definitely added you to my friends on My Fitness Pal. You are going to rock this! I can't wait to see you get to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for getting back on track! I started last Mon and lost 2.5 lbs in the first week. I totally cut out carbs, juice, coffee and only ate fruit, veggies, chicken, yogurt, cheese. . . trying to eat "clean." It is hard but hopefully we can both stick w/ it for a long time!

    I've heard a lot about that app and trying to decide if I should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've made those breakfast cups before - they're not bad for a breakfast food! And don't you wish wine didn't have any calories! :) I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those muffins and breakfast cup look amazing! I'm going to have to try the muffins. The same thing happened to me unfortunetly. Back in 2009 when I was living with my fiance, his dad and grandmother, I barely ate anything. They didnt have alot in the house at any time and I never cooked there. My diet was salads everyday for dinner, and little snacks here and there. I felt fine and lost maybe 20 lbs. But months later, my fiance and I moved back here with my parents and I was able to finally get on track with eating but because I had been sheltered in the eating front for so long I ate more than I should and put the weight back on. I've been doing alot better and have lost a few lbs. I only have 6 followers, but I agree with Megan's idea!!!

    New follower by the way!!

    happinessisntadestination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, i believe that i saw you visited my website so
    i got here to go back the favor?.I'm trying to to find things to improve my site!I assume its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

    Here is my web-site; screen next
    my site: view

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello would you mind sharing which blog platform you're working with? I'm
    planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.

    P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!


    Look into my website :: know more about

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .
    . Amazing .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also? I'm glad to
    search out numerous helpful info right here within the
    put up, we want develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing.
    . . . . .

    Also visit my webpage :: move next

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...