Wednesday, March 20, 2013

So What! Wednesday / 5 Things About Me

 
Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying, So What! if...
 
* I have yet to step on the treadmill this week. Wow...do I sound like a broken record? Haha. It's been a busy week. BUT, I haven't completely sucked at eating, so it could be worse. Plus, I can already tell I "feel" lighter not eating so much crap. That usually encourages me to keep going and get some good workouts in.
 
* I felt like hot shit when I pulled some crazy moves for a meeting this morning that was a hot mess and made it seem like it was perfectly orchestrated. And then proceeded to eff up a simple print job. Whatever...you can't win them all.
 
* I have had a countdown on my white board at work for Spring and stopped it at 2 days when we had that dumb storm coming. This isn't Spring...this is bullshit. I will continue the countdown when I feel necessary. And I have explained that to everyone who has asked.
 
* I got super annoyed when someone entered my cube and drew snowflakes on my white board. There was just a violation of so many pet peeves. Personal space, you drew on MY drawing, you drew ugly snowflakes...the list goes on. (Yes...I'm aware I need therapy)
 
* My boss was talking about getting married the other day and I asked him if I could be his Best Man. And was totally serious. Some day I will be SOMEONE'S Best Man. I don't really care who.
 
* I legit squealed with excitement when I unpacked our new area rug for the living room yesterday. Umm...hot damn is it perfect. It's the perfect size, style, color, etc. I'm good. I gave myself a nice little pat on the back when it was done.
 
* I know it is totally vain, but I stare at my wedding rings all the time. All.the.time. I can't help it. I love them. They are so pretty and shiny and I just remember everything that they represent.
 
* I e-mailed Leah yesterday and told her to quit her job because it was getting in the way of our chat time. We used to talk every day, ALL day and it breaks my heart that we aren't. Although, I guess I could just be happy for her that she has this bomb new job. But...what about meeeeee?!?!?!
 
* I bought a little contraption on Saturday that removes the middle of cupcakes so you can fill them with yummy stuff and begged my MIL to let me make cupcakes for Easter. I just HAD to do it. Plus, my new crafty venture is learning to bake not only delicious things (because I already do that now that I can tell the difference between vegetable oil and garlic oil...eww), but now I want them PRETTY. Brittany is my hero and I'm going to make her teach me all her tricks.
 
* I secretly love that I have been busy as all eff this week. I know it doesn't leave much downtime, and I haven't left on time yet this week BUT, I like to feel like I actually do something around here. As long as I can convince people they would be a mess without me, then I'm golden. This definitely helps.
 
That's all for So What! Wednesday this week. Head on over to Shannon's blog and link up!
 
 
Also...I got tagged yesterday by Katie over at The Little Things in Life for "5 Things About Me". Katie is one of my everyday favorite reads. Her husband sounds a lot like Big A so we commiserate a lot about being married to crazy car guys. Or dealing with our pups and their strange habits.
 
Anywhooo...5 Things About Me...
 
Hmm...this is hard...
 
1. I find bodily functions HYSTERICAL. Pee, poop, toots, HYSTERICAL. BUT, you will never hear me talking about it in regards to myself. I'm SUPER private about it, which kind of makes me a freak amongst my friends and family.
 
2. I legitimately have NO clue what I want to be when I grow up and for the most part I'm cool with it. I'm perfectly content in my position right now and don't really have a need/want to change it. Sooo...why mess with a good thing, right?
 
3. I'm uber-superstitious. Like, almost to a fault. I will NOT get up on Big A's side of the bed, because it's the WRONG side of the bed. Won't pick up a "tails up" coin. And if I have to do something out of my normal routine, I know my whole day will be shot. It's annoying. And Big A makes fun of me for it all the time.
 
4. I believe that everything happens for a reason. (Let's get heavy for a second) I've only had my heart broken once in my life (for real, I might have felt like it before, but really only once) and it was shattered into a billion pieces and put me into a BAD place in life. BUT, I'm convinced that had to happen so that I could be the person I needed to be for when I met Big A. I'd do it a thousand times again if I had to to get Big A.
 
5. I'm loose jointed (according to my physical therapist FIL) which makes it super easy for me to hurt myself and my back to get out of alignment. Seriously, I'm such a hot mess it isn't pretty.
 
That's all for today folks. The blog post that took me 6 years to write. Stupid meeting.
 
Oh...I'm supposed to tag people. Ugh. I hate tagging people. EVERYONE is tagged. DO IT!!!
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for the snow. We are supposed to be getting a storm this weekend. I wish this weather would make up its mind already. And I want to see what this amazing rug looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real true story. Pretty much I need to find a way to work with you at my work. Any chance you want to have a tradeshow and I can talk to you about logistics? And omg agreeeee on britt and her amazing cupcakes. I want to bake for real too not from a mix and have a cupcake hollowed deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so funny! You arent alone in the workout department for this week. totally was doing it everyday but then got out of the swing of things Monday..darn! And the snow, seriously? Everyone is posting how nice and warm it is and here I am in jeans and big sweatshirt! Only good thing was a snow day yesterday! And drawing snowflakes? Very mean!!! I seriously want to use one of those things to cut out the center of cupcakes. Have you seen the show cupcake wars? I seriously wish I could do all that they do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow for the first day of Spring. I was not happy to see those flakes falling. The sun was shining and it didn't stick, but I'm still dooo over this winter weather.

    I'm still IN LOVE with my wedding ring set also. I stare/examine them all the time! LOVE

    The 5 things was hard wasn't it?! I sat there thinking a lot like uhhh nothing is really that interesting about me haha

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...