Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

Thought I'd link up with Jennifer from over at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom.
Don't know Jennifer? She's awesome. She has two amazing little boys (I stalk IG daily for her WB updates), and a fabulous husband. She's recently "retired" and writes about a whole bunch of things, from Mom stuff, to subscription boxes (which I want so bad, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger), TV drama, etc. You name it, she's got it.
 
1. Girls. This is a show on HBO that N got me into. It is legit, a train wreck. And super awkward. And filled with naked women. Seriously, these girls are naked. All.the.time. Sometimes it doesn't even fit the story line. But, I can't stop watching. Not for the naked women, but because they are just such hot messes. Seriously. They are all nuts. They make me feel a little better about myself though. I may have made some questionable decisions in my life, but not as often, not as many, and not as bad as theirs. Yikes.
 
 
2. Teen Mom 2. Continuing on with the hot mess train. Another show I just can't stop watching although I know it is killing my brain cells. Between Chelsea's over dramatic nature (and inability to keep her legs closed when it comes to skeevy Adam), Leah's ping pong relationship with Jeremy and Corey, Kailyn creating problems with her Baby Daddy (although I kind of think he sucks too), and Jenelle...oh Jenelle. I follow her on Twitter, because I just can't reading about the drama. It's a sickness. And I love it.

 
3. Cupcakes. Yeah. My new project is baking yummy AND pretty things. I'm in charge of cupcakes for Easter so I searched everywhere for recipes. Even made a board on Pinterest JUST for cupcakes. I take my job seriously. Most the recipes involve alcohol. It's ALWAYS better to bake while drinking anyway. Although, I don't really eat cupcakes. I think that's why I make stuff like that. I don't eat it so it won't be a tease.

Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate caramel ganash filling. OMG.
 
4. The Kiki LaRue Rodeo Drive Maxi Dress. Sooo... I wasn't cool enough to catch the whole Kiki LaRue fad when it started. Therefore, I missed out on this beauty. I love me some sweetheart necklines. I would like for them to bring this back. But not in orange. Black would do. Or almost anyother color. I neeeeeeeeed it. Can I start a petition?

5. A tropical island. Or anywhere warm. That is where I need to be. I am 100% sure that if I had to wear a bathing suit more often then I would be better about working out. And eating right. SEE! I need to go somewhere warm to be healthy. Someone take me away from this place. I slipped on ice this morning. ICE. I wanted to punch the ice in the face. Except ice doesn't have a face, duh. Hate it.
 
 
Those are my thoughts for this lovely Thursday. I kept thinking that today was Friday ALL day yesterday, so I pretty much hate today. BUT, TOMORROW is Friday, so I guess that's OK.
 
Also, still working on ideas for Megan and I's weekly health related link-up. We need a catchy name. Heeeeeelp. Also, we need YOU to link up with us. So... HELP!
 

5 comments:

  1. What subscription boxes do you want to try?

    Ugh. Teen Mom is crack. I want to find Chelsea and dig that bird out of that mess that's on her head!!!

    Thanks for linking up!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so much about this Girls show, I may have to try and catch it. I used to do the whole Teen Mom 2 thing, but Janelle drove me up the freaking wall! I couldn't handle it anymore. I love the other three girls though and I do follow them on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with everything that is going on.

    And those cupcakes look effing delicious! I am sure you will make some amazing cupcakes.

    And you should go pour some hot ass water on that ice. That will teach it a lesson, haha! Hope you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the Hello Cupcake books? They're sooo cute! I have them both but have yet to make anything LOL.

    sheeeeeelby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need some motivation to workout too. This time last year I was looking my best ever for my pending nuptials. Once they were over I was back on the couch eating cupcakes. Now my husband and I are living in different states (for his job...only temporary) so I am even less motivated. I tell myself that I should be all sexy and healthy when he visits but that hasn't helped. Yesterday I was motivated to have a big salad for dinner only so I could use my salad spinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get enough Teen Mom 2. Reruns...I watch those too. haha

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...