Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend Update, Monday From Hell

Happy Monday Lovers!
You wanna know what is super fun?
When your husband has his alarm set for radio, and the volume up loud, so when it goes off it scared the shit out of you.
Wanna know what else is super fun?
Realizing that if your husband's alarm is going off and it isn't Saturday, you are now late for work.
Yeah. It was 7:10. I'm supposed to be AT work AT 7:00.
So that was fun. I rushed around only to get stuck behind a school bus that I swear waits for me in the morning because I'm ALWAYS behind it and it doesn't matter what time I leave. The school bus then picks up a kid at practically EVERY house on the street. And then I get stuck in traffic,
I didn't have time to pack a lunch. So that was fun.
I almost tripped over someone suitcase and rather than handling it professionally I screamed like a banshee.
And then someone knocked over a shelf and I thought it was all going to land on her head. She was quiet as a mouse. Once again, I played the part of over-dramatic banshee.
I was then sent back to my desk to prevent further harm to myself or others.
I think this is one of those days I should have stayed in bed. Oy.
Let's do a weekend recap shall we.
Friday night, Big A came home and said that he was working on his car. So, I immediately got cabin fever and forced N to change out of her PJs and meet me out for a drink. She could probably smell my desperation from across town, and I'm pretty sure she agreed out of pity. But, regardless of her intentions, she was a nice friend and came out.
We chatted for a couple hours and then I headed home to make sure that Big A still had 10 fingers and toes. Engine work is tricky business.
Saturday night Big A was putting the motor in his car. He had already asked a couple guys to help so I was told to find myself some plans. No problem here. I asked N if she wanted to come over. Done. Then, figuring that my last 2-3 plans with Jackums fell through, I would see what was up. Done. I had texted Pickles the night before to ask if she wanted to come meet up with N and I for a drink, but she was busy. So, she texted me on Saturday to see what I was up to and then headed on over.
Nice little impromptu ladies' night. Those are the best kinds. The ones that come out of nowhere. We drank way too much and giggled our way through the night until the boys started giving up the side eye for entering their garage, and one by one, everyone went home. Boo.
I woke up Sunday morning expecting the worst. However, I had no headache. Nor queasy stomach. The sun didn't blind me. Hangover avoided. Yes.
So I spent the next hour and a half waking Big A up at 30 minute increments until he finally got up and took me to brunch. I enjoyed my complimentary mimosa and fritters while I waited for my ridiculously delicious french toast. I then blackmailed Big A into taking me to Home Depot to pick out tile for the bathroom. And then proceeded to toddle all around the store marveling at everything I wanted.
I can find something to buy ANYWHERE. It's a blessing and a curse.
Later that afternoon I went grocery shopping, because I like a good punishment. We decided to start rotating where we have family night because my dog and my parents' dog don't get along. Last night was my house, so I took advantage on the fact that it wasn't freezing OR snowing and we grilled.
It was delicious. I made cheeseburgers, chipotle sweet potato fries, zest regular fries, and my mom brought a salad. I had cheese & crackers, veggies & dip, and tomato & mozzarella salad from the night before so we snacked on that too.
It was delicious.
Then everyone went home and I passed out. Apparently I was tired because I slept in this morning and thus began my day from hell. It is now 10 o'clock. Too late to get breakfast from the cafeteria and too early to get lunch.
Today is going to be a great day!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday. I'm looking forward to the fact that it can only go up from here (*knock on wood*) and hopefully the rest of the week is better.


  1. Sorry you had such a crappy morning. I hate starting out my mornings like that. It makes you wonder what the rest of the day holds for you and then you cringe at the thought of how bad it could get, haha! I hope your day gets better! And I am glad that you got to have an impromptu ladies night. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend!

  2. I am cracking up! I can't even tell you the number of times I have done that with my alarm. Back when I worked anyways. Hopefully your day gets better. It can't really get worse can it?

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

  3. yikes! you have to get to work wayyy too early. I know it's a trade off so you can do stuff in the PM but dang girl yeah I was hitting snooze at 7:10 sucks you were already late for work :( so glad you had such a fun weekend! And your dinner sounds so amazing!!!

  4. Ugh sorry for your crappy Monday! Hope the week goes up from here!

  5. Quite the morning, but waking up to radio blasting just sounds like the beginning of a disaster day. That would drive me nuts!!!

    hahah love that when the shelf fell that you screamed and she stayed quiet. That is so me! I scream or jump at just about anything. The lights went out at work and I screamed.

    Sounds like you have some good friends to come drink with you even if it is out of pity :)


Little Somethings...