Monday, April 22, 2013

Half-Assed Weekend Recap

Hey There,
 
Guess who spent her morning stalking everyone's blog and didn't realize until almost lunch time that she hadn't posted anything herself?
 
Yeah. Dropped the ball on the one.
 
I don't have anything particularly interesting to talk about though.

Friday night the girls came over for Wine Night. It was such a great time. So great of a time that I forgot to eat and downed 2 bottles of wine. (A third was opened, but I never finished the glass I poured). I was fine until I hit my proverbial drunk wall and then I was like, "Oh shit!". Hate that. It isn't even like I felt myself getting out of control. It was as if some special drunk fairy walked up to me, slapped me across the face, and said, "I now dub you drunk as fuck".
 
And that was it. Night night time. I'm disappointed in myself for my rookie mistakes. But, we win some, we lose some. I was home. I wasn't driving. And I had nothing particularly pressing to do the next day. Other than getting Starbucks and frozen yogurt with my mom.
 
Saturday was super productive. Not. But, Mumsie and I had a nice day regardless and I ended up making it through the day without showing any other fellow customers what little I had left in my stomach. I call that a success.
 
Holler.
 
By Saturday night, I felt like a whole new woman and headed out to a 30th Birthday / Going Away Party for a friend of ours. It was sad to see him go, but I know that he has an amazing opportunity and he needed to take it. PLUS, he's moving to Florida. Sooo... tough life right?
 
I enjoyed catching everyone up on the remaining parts of my Friday evening when multiple of my male friends told me they had "heard that I had too much fun last night". Which I think is a bit deceiving. I wasn't a fool. I didn't say or do anything I regret, (minus opening the 3rd bottle). I literally was like, I'm all done. Night ladies. And that was that. So, I'm not sure what they heard, but I proved to not be too exciting.
 
Sunday was a lazy one. Big A and I slept in. Then I finished reading an amazing book that I've been trying to find the time to read. Big A worked on his car and I managed to get changed out of my PJs to go to the grocery store and take Mr. Fresh for a walk. The fam came over for dinner and I made the most delicious Chicken Breast stuffed with spinach, mozzarella, and tomatoes with spaghetti squash with a low cal Alfredo sauce on the side. I was pretty impressed with myself. Holler.
 
I finished off the night with a lovely evening of TV watching and chatting with my family and got my dad and brother to agree to build our fence soon. So, that's a lovely little Sunday for ya.
 
I'm attempting to be a productive member of society today, but the reality is that it is a 4 day work week and Big A and I are going away. Which is super exciting. We NEED a vacation in the worst way. Plus, it is part of his Dirty Thirty Birthday present, so I'm excited to go. Hopefully the weather is nice, but if not, then there's plenty to do onsite. And a special thanks to Mumsie for watching our precious doggie!
 
Happy Monday Folks! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for your upcoming vacation. I hope you guys have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so jealous of your 4 day workweek. Looking forward to vacations is the best! I hope this week flys by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl after this week in Mass, I'd be downing about 8 bottles of wine. scary stuff lady! You have to tell me about where you're going on vacay!!!! please say cape cod!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...