Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Going to be a bit random today, but that's apparently where my head is at.
 
I told my mother the other day that I once told a friend that sometimes my mind resembles the crazy tunnel in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
 
Remember this:
 
 
 
Yeah.
 
(Sidenote: When I looked this up it brought me to this clip and another one titled "Little Chiefs and The Joint Factory"...yeah...I wasn't clicking on that one at work.)
 
(Sidenote # 2: This scene always reminds me of this horrible virus I got on my computer once. It started flashing all of these absolutely insane and absolutely disgusting pictures repeatedly. It was the craziest thing I have ever seen!)
 
Alright. That's enough sidenotes.
 
So, this is what I told my mom, to which she responded..."That's not normal?!"
 
At least I know where I come from.
 
Anyway. I've been trying to get really involved in this whole not being Shamu being healthy thing. Which means, throwing a whole bunch of money out the window. (My bank account is crying)
 
First I needed a new scale. Mine is weird. It says the same weight over and over and over again. UNLESS, I put something else on it like a heavy laundry basket or the vacuum, and then it will register a change. Ain't nobody got time for that.
 
So, I enlisted the help of a friend and she suggested this one:
 
 
It should be arriving today. She says it is crazy accurate. The reviews sucked on it, but she said she has never had a problem with it. Which helped a lot since I am HUGE on reviews.
 
Next up is a heart rate monitor. I really want to see how my workouts are going really rather than an estimation from the treadmill or MyFitnessPal. Maybe I'm working harder than I know. Maybe less. I just want to be sure. So I ordered this Bad Larry. The reviews were AWESOME.

Thankfully, I remembered that I was supposed to get a $50 gift card from some Safety program we have. And since this was the first year I was eligible for it (due to the part of the company I worked for, not because I constantly hurt myself) and we aren't doing it next year...I wanted my cash.
 
So, I casually reminded my boss about it and said that I could just get an Amazon e-gift card so it didn't cost extra money and such. To which he agreed. It took me probably about 2 1/2 minutes to buy the gift card with his credit card and then purchase this. Ha! No time to change his mind!
 
Fabulous.
 
Tonight I might be trying Bikram Yoga. I got a Groupon, (thanks to the advice of the same friend that I got the scale from) and I have been dying to try it. But, I'm a big baby. I was going to suck it up and go alone last night, but I ended up getting stuck at work late, so it wouldn't have worked anyway.
 
I might be going tonight. If anyone has tried Hot Yoga before and has any tips or tricks on how:
 
A) Not to pass the fuck out.
B) Not look like a fool
 
I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
 
And because I apparently get sucked into YouTube now, I'll leave you with a current favorite of mine. I tried not to get into the Jenna Marbles hype, but I just love the girl. Most of the time... some of her videos are a miss, but mostly I'm dying laughing.
 
Also, because I just want to be her. I mean, she's a hot blonde who has a head on her shoulders and is hysterical. It's the dream isn't it?
 
Now...Pipe the FUCK down. :)
 


3 comments:

  1. The Bible of Bikram: Don't eat ANYTHING at least 2+ hours before you go. Hydrate as much as you can BEFORE class, rather than during. Both will help you not throw up all over everyone :) Always keep your eyes OPEN especially when you are doing anything leaning backwards- this will help with the not passing out part. Try to keep your hands as dry as possible with your towel so you don't slip out of position when you're grabbing other parts of your body. Anf fully expect to be so drenched when you leave that you look like you were just thrown in a pool with all of your clothes on. Other than that... have FUN. I love Bikram. It's my most favorite kind of exercise and burns calories like crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't nobody got time for that! Hahahaha!!! Oh man. Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh this morning. And yes, that scene in Willy Wonka is creepy. Let me know how your scale works. We are wanting to get a new one, so if you give it a good review, it may be put in the running. Also, do you have a kitchen scale? Our kitchen scale was probably the best purchase we have ever made. It really helps me with my portion control.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...