Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hello Lovers!
 
Once again we are back at another fabulous Monday!
 
The weekend went by WAY too quick and I found myself wanting to crawl under my pillow and hurl my alarm clock against the wall.
 
BUT... it helped that it was 47 degrees when I woke up, almost desert-like temperatures compared to the winter we have had. Haha. So... I sucked it up and went to work.
 
Thanks...I'm proud of me too.
 
Let's recap the weekend shall we. So when I'm old and senile (in about another year and a half) I can remember the mundane bullshit that made up my life.
 
Friday, I hit up Target mainly for their Starbucks after work. I was ready to pass out and I knew my night would be junk if I didn't get an IV of caffeine in my arm. I wanted to look into some heart rate monitors that I had seen online anyway, so I killed two birds with one stone. Three if you count the mini cardio that is me bombing around Target.
 
They didn't have what I wanted so I headed home. I then did a killer workout. I'm so proud of me. I walked at lunch so this was extra gravy. I felt good after.
 
Then I cleaned my skank ass and headed over to N's while our boys congregated at my house. We ordered some food, (I kept it healthy with grilled chicken on a wheat wrap and wanted to MARRY my sandwich...I will be getting that 12,000 more times in the future and will.not.regret.it.) and attempted to watch the movie "The Collection" (which was apparently the second one, not the first, which is called "The Collector"...who knew.)
 
Here's the picture from the movie:
You can read the description here.
 
Now, N and I are ALL about the scary movies, but this one was too much. Seriously, like 100 people died some sick, gruesome deaths within the first 10 minutes. It was too much. Especially while eating dinner. For the first time in history, we turned a movie off. (Well...there was another one, but it sucked, so that doesn't count).
 
We watched TV instead. It was safer.
 
Saturday, I met up with Ma Dukes and we set out on our adventures for the day. I needed a yoga mat for the class I signed up for, wanted to look at some things, she needed dog food, I bought some herbs to plant, etc.
 
We plan on starting our own garden, but I wanted to get a head start because, well... I love a good bargain.
 
Then Ma Dukes and I tried out the path on the Conservation land near my house. We got a little lost, but it was a good walk. We took Mr. Fresh with us too so he enjoyed getting out of the house. And so far, he hasn't been projectile vomiting, so maybe this walk was more successful. Haha.
 
We rewarded ourselves with frozen yogurt afterwards, because...why the hell not. Haha.
 
I decided that Saturday was just going to be a bust and let myself enjoy it. I got a little exercise with out walk and our 12,000 stores that we went to, but other than that. Nada. I was too interested in planting my herbs when I got home than doing anything else. I got parsley, basil, oregano, and hot peppers, which I know aren't herbs, but Big A likes them. Don't know what I'll do with them, but it sounded like something nice to do for him. Haha.
 
 
Saturday night, Big A and I went to Jackums house to have a fire and hang out with some friends. I missed the baby by a few minutes which I'm heartbroken about. Apparently I'm not important enough for Baby M to stay up late to see. Psshhh... I'll remember that when your first birthday rolls around next month.
 
I kid. We all know that I will spoil her rotten and that I am mush in her hands if she will have me.
 
Anywho... we stayed up WAY too late and Sunday was a nice day to sleep in.
 
I cleaned the house, but ran out of time to work out. BUT according to MFP (MrsKtotheP) I burned some serious calories... (No matter what you say MOM!).
 
After that, it was family dinner time and then Sunday was over.
 
It all seems to go by so quick.
 
BUT...at least we got some alright weather this weekend. It wasn't awesome, but it was summer and I didn't want to punch someone from the cold, so that's a start.
 
And now here I am. Monday again.
 
I'm still sticking strong on trying to be a good girl and I'm hoping to have a legitimate post for Bringing Sexy Back this week. Not another embarrassment like last week.
 
Hope ya'll had a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for good eating! My weekend was much like yours a lot stuff to fill it. Sometimes writing about it feels silly, but you are so right when you say it will be good to look back. Best of luck with your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am way proud of your efforts this weekend! That's awesome! And I am glad that the weather finally cooperated for you. Let's hope it stays that way. Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter
    updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

    Feel free to visit my blog christian louboutin for men

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...