Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekend Recap

Time for another, ever so intriguing, weekend recap.
 
By Friday afternoon, I was over the week. Well...by Monday I was over the week. BUT...I was legit crawling in my own skin by noon. I was done. So, I made plans with a friend to get the fuck out of dodge.
 
I had plans to go home and work out first, so I didn't do too much damage, BUT I ended up pouring myself a glass of shitty wine and reading a book until she came over.
 
We headed out to dinner where I ordered one of my old faithful vodka and cranberries. I haven't had one in who knows how long. They used to be my staple drink when I could afford to buy a bunch of them and get hammered because I didn't have any bills and I could easily bounce back from a night of drinking with a Starbucks and a greasy breakfast sandwich.
 
My long lost love.
 
We attempted to find something to do after dinner, but we forgot that we have no life so we had no idea where to go anymore. Plus it was cold and rainy out. So, we hit up the liquor store and headed back to my house. There's no shame in getting tipsy in the comfort of your own home.
 
I was kind of kicking myself because I only went over my calories by about 360 (only?) and if I had worked out then I could have at least cancelled that out. We live and we learn.
 
Saturday I woke up with a slight headache, but it wasn't a big deal. Nothing a coffee couldn't fix.
 
I prepped some breakfast cups for the week (little tip: Use the 3 cheese egg beaters. Same calories and they are DELICIOUS!) and Mom came over for our Saturday shananigans. She forced me to weed the front of the house and it took us about 40 minutes for it to look awesome. Such a small amount of work for such a big impact.
 
AND we found that there are a bunch of pretty plants growing (under the leaves and weeds) so we really don't have to do anything else other than mulching. Holler!
 
We also found a random rhubarb plant...so I guess we are learning how to make something with rhubarb in it.
 
Then we headed out for the standard Starbucks. (The skinny version. NOT the hangover version. There's a BIG difference in calories there). Mom decided that she wanted to color her hair while we were there so we hit up Ulta for some supplies and headed back to my house.
 
My mom has gorgeous blonde hair and although I hate her for it, at least I got to pretend it was mine for a little bit. If I had blonde hair, I would be putting cool colors in it all the time.

The outcome. It looks so cool in person.
 
I pretended I was bad ass like my mom and put some purple on the blonde I had in my hair. I didn't follow the directions so it didn't come out awesome, but I am going to do it again. I think I might bleach out the blonde a little bit more next time so the color really pops.

It is supposed to be purple, but it came out kind of magenta-ish. Hopefully another layer makes it brighter.
 
Saturday night was a whole lot of nothing. Big A had his swap meet on Sunday, so he had to get up at 5:30 to meet up with the boys. Yuck.
 
Sunday consisted of sleeping in with the bed all to myself. Love it. Mr. Fresh won't let me sleep in if we are both home. It is the worst. On Saturdays when Big A goes to work, he's fine. On Sundays when we are both home...nope...someone needs to get up. Usually because he wants their space in bed.
 
I met up with N for some delicious brunch. I made sure to get my fat ass on the treadmill for the first time in 3 days so I didn't feel so bad. By the time I got home, Big A was home with money still in his pocket so we took that opportunity to head to Lowes and buy some stuff for the house. We spent a bunch of money, but it was all stuff that we needed.
 
I picked up some stuff for a new project which I'm excited about. And there's rumors that we are looking into getting the stuff to fence in our backyard (AND start a garden), so that's exciting!!!
 
By the time we got home, I had enough time to play with Mr. Fresh and then it was time for family dinner. My family has done Sunday night dinner for YEARS. Now that my brother and I have our own places (and my dog and my parents' dog don't get along...ahem...) we decided to start trading off houses until I have kids and then they all have to come to me whether they like it or not. This weekend it was my brother's house. He made a DELICIOUS dinner (still shocked at his cooking skills) and it was great to see what he and his friends had done to the house. (My bro's friend bought this old house on the cheap and my bro, his friend, and our cousin have been living there and fixing it up. It needs A LOT of TLC, but they are doing a great job).
 
After that, it was time to come home. Spend about 5 seconds with Big A before he fell asleep on the couch, and that was it.
 
Now it is Monday and I have 5 more days of bullshit until another mediocre weekend. Blah.
 
I'm heading to another class of Bikram yoga tonight, so I'm pretty excited about that one. I'm hoping that I do a little bit better tonight and don't have to sit down as much.
 
And that's all for this weekend. Hope ya'll had a great one too!
 


4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great weekend!!

    Whats your skinny version starbucks order? The closest star bucks to my house is an hour away! When I'm in the city I always stop but the calories of some of my favs are SO high! I'll be going tomorrow and still want to get something but maybe lower in calories!

    Thanks bud! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a recipe for you for your Rhubarb. It is called Rhubarb Rumble and it essentially a cobbler. My Mom used to make it all the time and I have done it a few times in the past few years. You have to try it. I will find it tonight and email it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the magenta-ish. I think all mixed drinks are over priced. But boxed wine, now that's a deal lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is so hip! Love the fun color. I love that you do Sunday night dinner every week. It is so nice. I can't even imagine getting my brothers home to my parents every week. We did it last night and it was fun!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...