Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bringing Sexy Back: Week 7 - Healthy Eating




Grab button for Bringing Sexy Back!

Welcome back to another Bringing Sexy Back Link-up with Megan and I.

This week I'm focusing on food. (What else is new?)

I had been doing OK with working out and keeping moving, but none of that was going to make a difference if I didn't watch what I ate.

Especially with the fact that I have been craving healthier food lately anyway, (minus the mini eclair that I just HAD to have). I avoid grocery shopping like the plague so I don't go very often, when I do...it is expensive. Especially this time.

I walked through the aisles and normally grab some quick, easy go-to meals.
1. Ham steak with au gratin potatoes.
2. Turkey kielbasa with cheddar and broccoli noodles.
(For just a couple examples)

I know that I can have both of those meals cooked in about 30 minutes and they are super easy. BUT... they are loaded with carbs, and sodium, and while the turkey kielbasa isn't THAT bad, I was just sick of putting all of this processed junk in my body.

So, I went a got lean meats, lots of veggies, lots of fruit. I even got shrimp to make with a meal that I cooked on the grill. (I paired it with Caribbean rice, which was some calories, but the shrimp and marinade were almost nothing).

We are eating good. Here's what the past couple days have looked like:

Breakfast: Breakfast Cups (Egg beaters, turkey sausage, and a lil Mexican blend cheese)
Snack: Strawberries, grapes, and watermelon.
Lunch: Salad with tuna (made with fat free Miracle whip, def cuts down on the calories)
Dinner: So far it has been The Hawaiian shrimp with Caribbean rice, last night it was shishkabobs (steak tips, onion, pepper, potatoes) and chipotle sweet potato fries.

We have been eating good. And we FEEL better.

People have been commenting on how Big A looks thinner. Which sucks for two reasons because he always slims down quick in the Summer anyway, and I'm the one who is actually working to slim down and he's getting the credit. Jerk. Haha.

Other than that, I've been watching the drinking. A little glass of wine here, a beer there. Nothing crazy. I would like to cut it out all together, but c'mon, you can't cook on the grill and NOT have an adult beverage. I'm pretty sure it is the rules.

I'm pretty excited about how I've noticed a change in me. It hasn't been that hard to stay within my allotted calories. I do about 1200-1300 on a normal night, which is good for me. Weekends have been a little harder, but that's with the alcohol. I think if I make sure to at least get in a good workout on the weekends then I won't feel so bad about going over.

And that's what I got for you this week. No workout talk. No weight loss talk (although I HAVE lost a pound this week. Holler). Just some good 'ol healthy eating talk. It really does make all the difference. I'm feeling myself become SMALLER just by watching what I'm eating. Now if I could only get myself to do some ab exercises to get rid of the last little bit of pooch then I would be golden. I'm good with the rest. My thighs will never be small. BUT a flat stomach is what I need most. Haha.

How did you all do this week?

3 comments:

  1. Yay for better choices! Men suck so bad in how fast they can lose weight. Carl does like a crunch and gets a six pack. jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job!!!! So proud of you for eating healthy! And congrats on the 1 lb loss! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude that's awesome! and the little choices add up to big choices! I'm sitting here eating chocolate reeces cup ice cream, trust me you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...