Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday's Letters

 
Doing Friday's letters today, only more in a "things that have made me giggle" kind of way.
 
Dear Self, I'm so proud of you for your impeccable observant skills. You managed to get ready, leave the house, get in your car, and put it in drive before you realized that you were still wearing your fuzzy slippers this morning. Not quite sure how that would have gone over at work, but you came through on this one. Proud of you.
 
Dear Boss Man, answering an e-mail I sent you asking if you wanted to go to a meeting with, "I don't know. That's my birthday. I probably won't even be sober" was pretty much the best thing ever. If that's the first e-mail you read in a day, how can your day NOT be good.
 
Dear N, thank you for laughing at my incredible jokes. When we saw that half man/half otter on TV last night and I said, "He 'otter' know better than to do that again" I appreciate you being a good sport and laughing. Although, how could you not, it was pretty much the best joke EVER.
 
Dear Mr. Fresh, this wasn't funny last night, but today it is a little more. I love the way that you FEVERISHLY were eating the frozen yogurt out of the bowl last night, make sure that you got every last drop. However, you may need to pay a little better attention next time since my toe is most definitely not a strawberry that fell out. BUT... I admire your commitment to eating every last drop. Can't say I haven't accidentally bit someone before in a feeding frenzy. Like Mother like dog I suppose.
 
Now onto things that make me mad.
 
Dear Work, I get that we have to have training. I do. I totally understand. But whose brilliant idea was to have it from 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM on a Friday afternoon. Don't you people know that I mentally check out of work by about 7:20 AM on Fridays? Also... it has been raining for days. Today it is supposed to be sunny and almost 80... and I'm going to be sitting in a freezing training room? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
 
Dear Guy at Work I Don't Like, you might want to remember that you catch more flies with honey rather than vinegar. Seeing as how I have control over most things in this office, being on my good side might help. Maybe if you didn't treat the rest of us like we were your servants, then the next time you needed something we might have been able to help... like I dunno...with something as simple as a stash of pens. Pretty sure I have an entire closet full of pens. But it was funny watching you walk around and borrow pen by pen from everyone in the office.
 
Dear Person Who Has Been Calling a Co-Worker's Line for the past 3 weeks, she isn't fucking here. She won't be here for at least another week. She is offsite. No this is NOT her home phone number. No I will NOT give you her home phone number. Calling multiple times a day will only get you the same answer. She ain't here. Also, I have caller ID. I know it is you every.single.time.
 
And that's all for today. I was all happy and cherry until I started complaining. Haha. It is too early to be grumpy. Makes for a LONG day.
 
Have a good weekend folks. I'll be non-stop this weekend. It's Mama's birthday, Baby Moo's First Birthday, Mother's Day, and Big A and I's Dating/Engagement Anniversary. It is a busy one. I can't figure out if I'm dreading or looking forward to Monday! Haha!
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Your boss is awesome! And I thought your joke was hilarious! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You boss sounds hilarious! New follower! Happy Friday!

    Christa
    Significance or Nothing.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...