Wednesday, May 22, 2013

So What! Wednesday

Linking up with Shannon for another So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* I am absolutely clueless when it comes to owning a pool and I already don't want to do it. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but there's a whole lot to remember and honestly I'm nervous I'm going to blow up the pool. I mean...if anyone could it would be me. Thankfully a friend of a friend is helping us and I could not be more grateful for his help...and not thinking I'm a total idiot...
 
* In keeping with the pool theme...I tried to clean the pool last night and it ended in disaster. The hose unhooked from the vacuum and I couldn't get it back on. And then it started to thunder and lightning and then the torrential downpour, so I just went inside. When I think of how I want to die, it isn't at 27 getting struck by lightning while trying to clean my pool. Just sayin...
 
* I showered and did my hair & make-up because I am facilitating training with one of the other girls from my work today and she resembles Barbie. I figured that if I couldn't have her body, clothes, hair, and make-up skills I could at least try not to look like a homeless man.
 
* I got halfway through the new exercise routine that KG told me about and punked out. To be fair, I was in the middle of cooking dinner so I don't know why I thought I could sneak in a work-out.
 
* I then got incredibly mad at myself for being such a slacker because if I had just kept up with it I would have reached my goal a LONG time ago, instead of being stuck around 170 right now. I know my body is losing inches, but the number matters too. I wish I didn't settle for "good enough" all the time.
 
* I want to smack myself in the face for the last one I just wrote. Wah wah wah. Get over it girl and DO something about it.
 
* I just remembered on my way to work that Big A and I have to go shopping for our Memorial Day cookout. Whoops! People don't really need plates and forks and such, right?! I mean... if eating with our hands was good enough for the cave men then it is good enough for me.
 
* I don't want to facilitate training today. I was really looking forward to it until I found out that some of the "big wigs" are deciding to "stop by" today. Ugh. Nothing like pressure, right?!
 
Alright, that's enough for today. I gotta run to my meeting so I actually look like I know what I'm doing. Wish me luck that I don't trip and fall on my face or something.
 
Head on over to Shannon's blog and link up!

5 comments:

  1. So jealous that you have a pool but not about the work they involve! If our yard was bigger, I would be all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! Pools are so annoying! I am soooo glad that Ryan has taken it upon himself to be the "pool boy"! I literally don't do anything and I don't even have the slightest clue on how to look after it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owning a pool is a beast dude. I remember how much time my Dad spent maintaining ours in my childhood home and he was like NEVER AGAIN. Get that weird self cleaner vacuum thing from Paranormal Activity 2...unless it starts coming out of the pool on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the pool! My parents have a pool and I remember growing up having to help open and close the pool each year and I hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, still jealous about this whole pool thing! Glad you have somebody coming to help you out. Second, I hope your training went well. And lastly, what is with all these spam comments on your post? Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...