Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Recap

Good Morning Lovers!
 
This morning started off just down right lovely. I was actually on time for work today.
 
I know. It is a Christmas miracle.
 
This weekend was a good one. Busy. But good.

Friday when I got home, it was GORGEOUS, so Mr. Fresh and I headed out for a walk. We went a different way to avoid some people and about a thousand dogs that live down the road we usually walk down and it was so nice and peaceful where we were. This is what we got to see while walking:

 
Friday was Wine Night. Which is ALWAYS a good time. Good food. Good wine. Good people. I had a blast as always. The weather was downright gorgeous so it was nice to not have to dress up in a snow suit for once in my life.
 
I was exhausted when I was heading home, but that's always a sign of a good night. Plus, I had the week from hell so it was only a matter of time. I woke up Saturday morning with a massive headache, which was totally not fair from the two glasses of wine that I had. That was a two bottle headache. Trust me...I know. Luckily it went away quickly (which a two bottle headache does NOT) so it was nice to actually be able to enjoy my day since it was jam packed.
 
Saturday I woke up, made some pasta salad for Baby M's First Birthday Party and I made the cupcakes for my mom's birthday.
 
Then I met Mumsie for manicures and pedicures, because, duh, it was her birthday and she needed to be fabulous. And NO ONE likes getting those alone, so I had to be a super awesome daughter and go with her.
 
After that I scurried on home, met up with N and J$ and headed out to Baby M's Birthday Party. We had a lot of fun even though it was raining. It was on and off so we got to enjoy some time outside as well, so that was nice. I got to see Jackums gorgeous house again. And Baby M was as cute/fresh as ever. It has been so much fun to watch her grow!

Such a difference. The top two were when she was brand new. The bottom is her amazing Birthday cake! And then the Birthday girl herself!!!
 
After that, I scurried on home again and made the frosting for my mom's cupcakes. Then Big A and I got ready and headed out to the Outback to meet up with my family for dinner. It was delicious. I've never had a bad meal at that place. Delish! We went back to Mama and Papa's house after and enjoyed the delicious cupcakes. I made the Skinny Girl Moscato Cupcakes. I used a different recipe for the icing, but it was still amazing. I'm not a huge fan of cupcakes but these weren't overly sweet which was nice.

 
Sunday, Big A and I woke up bright and early(ish) and got to work. I went grocery shopping and cleaned the house. He mowed the lawn. We got everything ready just in time for my family and his to show up for our first joint Mother's Day!!! I figured rather than running around to different places and trying to match schedules that we would just combine everything and all get to see each other. We had a lovely little brunch with homemade quiche, fruit w/ fruit dip, mini powdered donuts, mini bagels, coffee crumb cake, and a raspberry twist danish thing. It was all delicious. And we can't forget the mimosas!

Of course, I have no pictures of anything from Sunday. I like to think that I was having too good of a time to take pictures.
 
Thankfully, the rain stopped well before everyone got there so we were able to hang out outside for awhile, which was really nice. After that, everyone headed home. Mom and I went to Home Depot to get stain for the picnic table. It is almost finished, I just need to put a clear coat on it. I'm so excited for it to be done.
 
We got back and I got to work on the table and she went home to do stuff around her house. Big A hung out in the garage for awhile and then he came in for dinner. We exchanged cards since yesterday was our 6 year anniversary. We have a new anniversary now, so we didn't do an all out celebration, but it was our anniversary for a long time AND the day that we got engaged, so it will always have a special place in our hearts.
 
We spent the rest of the night catching up on our shows for a little bit and headed off to bed. I know, we are pretty exciting.
 
Our weekend seem to be filled with so much lately. I find myself almost excited to go back to work because I actually get to sit down for a little bit. Haha. And it isn't looking like that is going to stop any time soon. We have a wedding this weekend and then the following weekend is Memorial Day. I can't believe that we are almost halfway through May already.
 
Time is flying.
 
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Inneresting cupcake recipe! They look delicious as usual :) Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes looks delicious! I am glad that you guys had such a great weekend! And Happy dateaversary and happy engageaversy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't get over that you don't absolutely love cupcakes. like it's just crazy to even try to comprehend. your cupcakes looked so amazing!

    your weekend sounded so fab! and you totally spoiled your mom for her bday/mother's day. and for sure no one likes getting mani/pedis alone.

    and your walk w/ mr. fresh, omg so gorgeous! it's so nice everything is finally green again everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. I love the Outback! :)

    Love that cow cake - so cute. And love her name - one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your walk looks so peaceful. The route we take when walking Coco is FULL of dogs and kids that want to pet her.

    Those cupcakes look good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...