Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life Lately

Woah Nelly.
 
Life be crazy.
 
Work has been a special kind of ridiculous lately. We are switching over our systems this weekend so everything has to be done ASAP. Which is SO much fun. SO much fun.
 
Everyone seems to be freaking out a little bit, but I can't say I blame them. There's been a lot going on. One poor guy came up to me today and asked me which meeting he should go to. He had FOUR on his calendar for 8:00 AM this morning.
 
I just shook my head and said "sorry dude". I'm so helpful.
 
I feel like life is in a constant state of anxiety lately. I haven't been my best self, but we all have our dark moment, right?
 
Because there isn't enough going on in the world, I bought a new car last week. After some paperwork and registration problems, I spent the first hour of my Monday morning at the registry talking to some interesting individuals. What a way to start the week, right?
 
We are trying to sell my car which Big A and I are having a slight disagreement in the timeline for. I think it needs to be sold ASAP because I need to pay some stuff off to be able to afford it. He thinks we should wait until we get a good price. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't a possibility to do that, but it didn't seem to be getting through. I could feel my frustration rising and while part of me wanted to be a gigantic douche bag and flip out, I simple stated, "Dolph has zero dollars" and that seemed to get through.
 
I'm trying to be on my best behavior since I wasn't the nicest wife in the world this past weekend. No need to cause him to run away before our first year of marriage is over.
 
In other random news I forgot my rings and necklace today. I took them off to go swimming yesterday and never remembered to put them back on. I feel naked. I ALWAYS wear my rings and necklace. ALWAYS. It kind of feels like I forgot to wear pants, that's how essential they are to my daily routine. I'm sure that doesn't help with feeling "off".
 
I'm counting down the days, weeks, hours, minutes until vacation next week. It's going to be a ridiculous week and I'm super excited to bail out after Wednesday. I'm looking forward to hanging by the pool, going to the car shows, and then spending a week sitting on the beach on Martha's Vineyard. It's going to be well worth it after this week and a half of hell.
 
I've got a about 8,000 invoices to process. 62 million expense reports. Not to mention those "hey, can you add this to your mountain of a to do list real quick" requests. It's been fun.
 
Needless to say, I'm a tired, cranky, stressed out mess and it doesn't look like there's any end in sight.
 
Awesome.
 
And let's add in a sore neck because karma is a bitch. Note to self: If your boss hurts his neck and brings in a pastel green pretty little heating pad for it. And wears it to meetings. Don't make fun of him. You KNOW karma comes back to bite you in the ass and you will be in intense pain for days. Boo.
 
And that's about all that's going on with me. A whole bunch of crazy. A whole bunch of Coors Light drinking.
 
Also... a little reminder... if anyone is interested in guest posting for me while on vaca email me! downatfragglerock13@gmail.com
 


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car! Hope you can sell your old one quick and get a good price!

    When are you having a blogger pool party!!!?????

    Have fun in MV. I'm going to the Cape for the 4 day July 4th weekend and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what kinda car did ya get? We are in the market for a new one too.. it is surprisingly stressful.

    Sorry work has been rough, yay almost vacation time though! Are you bringing Mr. Fresh?

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new car!! Lucky! I am so jealous! What did you get?

    And I am so sorry that work has been so stressful lately. I hope it has slowed down and that you have been able to get your stuff done. I think you are already on vacation at this point though.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...