Monday, July 1, 2013

Busy Busy Weekend

To say that this weekend was a busy one would be an understatement.
 
On Saturday, we had a wedding in Brewster, MA, which is about 2ish hours away from our house. Unfortunately, Big A had to work for most of the morning. Luckily, he was able to get out relatively early and the traffic down to the Cape wasn't bad. We made it a little late, but before the end of the ceremony. I definitely felt like an asshole for being late, but there's nothing we could have done. The man's gotta work.
 
The wedding was gorgeous. It was held at this resort with the gorgeous big mansions. The ceremony was on the beach. They were so lucky that the weather held off for the ceremony. Apparently it had rained prior to the ceremony and it POURED after. Eventually it stopped raining (around the time dinner ended) so we were able to enjoy a nice night while being able to go outside.
 
The reception had some items I was DYING for when we were planning our wedding and Big A said no. First, they had a candy bar. They had a bunch of different items in their color scheme. Which was a hot pink and lime green. At first, I was a little hesitant about the color combination, but it was VERY tastefully done. I was impressed.
 
Then they had the cupcake tower instead of a big cake. They had a small cake that they cut and the wedding party had that. I completely forgot about the cupcakes until now, so I didn't have one. Although I'm a little bummed, I do love me a good cupcake once in awhile.
 
They had personalized napkins and matchbooks as well. They were a nice touch and another pop in color.
 
Big A said that he just didn't want to pay for any of those items, but we all know I could have done it on a budget. So, needless to say I was definitely jealous!
 
Dinner was good. The music was great. We danced, laughed, and just had a good time. It was nice to see some of the people that we don't get to see.
 
We were on the road by 8:00-8:30 which was nice because we knew that we had a long drive ahead of us. I made Big A stop at McDonald's and get me some french fries, which I have decided has become an after wedding tradition. Although, I didn't spend the entire next day throwing up this time. I think the difference is that there was no vodka involved this time.
 
Sunday morning, Big A and I woke up semi-early and got to work. My brother's birthday is Tuesday, so we had my/our family over for a BBQ and to swim in the pool. Big A mowed the lawn while I cleaned the pool and the house and got everything ready.
 
My parents were rockstars and got/prepared all of the food which was awesome. We were so busy all weekend it would have been hard for us to do anything. My aunt came and her daughter (my cousin) is here from Ireland with her four kids so we had a lot of fun playing in the pool.
 
The food was amazing. Although, pretty much all food is amazing when you have been swimming our in the hot sun all day long.
 
Everyone was gone by 9:30 and I was exhausted. It was an absolutely AWESOME day though. So glad that we got to spend such a great time with family!
 
I've only got a 3 day work week this week and I can not WAIT to be off for 11 DAYS! (STILL NEED SOME GUEST POSTERS...C'MON...WHO IS INTERESTED?!?!).
 
Happy Monday Everyone!!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had a good weekend! I wish we had a pool nearby. It has been so damn hot so that would definitely be nice. And I am secretly jealous every time you mention your pool, haha!

    I would love to guest post for you. What is the topic and when do you need it by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool days with family so much fun!! Especially when others offer to help out with food or whatever else they can do. Fun weekend.

    Anytime is a good time for McD french fries :)

    I obviously have been a bad blogger friend. Haven;t been around here much. Where ya going??! I can be a guest poster if you still need more people

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...