Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Guest Post: The Pros and Cons of Being a Woman

Next up for a guest post, we have Megan, one of my good Bloggy friends! She's here to tell us what she thinks are the pros and cons of being a woman. Take it away Megan!
 
Hello to all of K’s followers. I am Megan from Elliott Wife, Elliott Life. You may have seen me around here a few times. I am so happy to be guest posting for K while she is away on Vacation. And I hope that K is having a fantastic time and enjoying herself.  I am super jealous.  

When I was trying to come up with a topic for this post, I was having trouble. Writer’s block if you will. And then it hit me. Why not go over what I believe are the pros and cons of being a Woman in this day and age. 

Let’s start with the cons. Men probably think that we have it easy, but  contrary to what Men believe, 
being a Woman is not all roses and sunshine. One word. Period. Do any women you know ever come out and say “I Love My Period!” No! It just doesn’t happen. I don’t know one Woman that loves that special time of the month. It is an absolute pain in the ass and something that I think most of us would be okay without having to deal with. 

Dating. I didn’t really have to deal with this a lot, but I know quite a few people around me that are still in the dating world and man what a freaking crapshoot. I strongly believe that Disney movies ruined this for us. Every movie shows the girl being swept off her feet and living happily ever after. What they don’t tell you is that you have to go through a string of bad relationships to find that happily ever after. 

Boobs. Now this may not be a con for everyone, but it has been one in my life. I hate having big boobs. You have a hard time finding clothes that fit. Bathing suite tops never fit. And you are constantly running the risk of having one of your girls pop out and say hello. It’s not fun. They get in the way and just add extra weight to your body. 

Speaking of weight, talk about another annoying thing that we are faced with on a daily basis. We are constantly being judged by how much we weigh or what size clothes we wear.  And the bigger you are the harder it is to find clothes that fit and that are cute. What a bunch of crap. 

And staying along the lines of image, the fact that we constantly have to look cute or face being judged by everyone you come into contact with. And how about the fact that you will spend hours on your hair and make-up to not have one person compliment you on it. But then you throw your hair up in a sloppy mess on top of your head or just let it dry and you get a zillion compliments. Apparently less is more, but that’s not what we are led to believe. 

So there you have it. Some of the many reasons that being a Woman is a bunch of crap. But as much as I complain or other Women complain about the things we go through daily, there are also a lot of reasons that being a Woman can be pretty amazing. 

The rights that we have as women are pretty amazing compared to the rights we had in the past. And 
with each passing day, there are more and more things that we as Women are capable of doing and are accomplishing on a daily basis. It’s empowering to be a Woman now.

Cute clothes are also a plus. As much as I hate shopping because I have a hard time finding stuff in my size, when I do find something really cute, it makes me excited to get dressed up in that outfit and go out. I think most of us feel this way. 

Boobs are once again on this list. Even though I hate mine, they can be quite useful. Now let me preface this by saying that I have never used my boobs to get anything, but I know that some Women do and they know how to use them. So more power to those ladies!

And last but not least, what I believe will be the best part about being a Woman, and some of you are 
already experiencing this, but I think being a Mom will be the best part of my life and being a Woman.  And I think that one event will trump all the bad things that go along with being a Woman. 

So at the end of the day, we can bitch and complain all we want about how being a Woman sucks most of the time, but there are many things about being a Woman that make it not so bad and actually a pretty amazing thing. It’s easy to lose track of the things that are amazing about being us, but at the end of the day we need to remember why we love being Women and we need to remember to embrace that more often. 

Thanks again K for having me on your blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Somethings...