Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bumpdate: 12 Weeks


September 3rd - 9th, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
Nothing crazy. Still loving feeling human again and actually being able to get things done. Thursday I killed it at work, got a bunch of stuff done at home, and then made an amazing meal with fresh tomatoes from our garden, I felt like a rockstar. Which isn't hard when you spent weeks sleeping on the couch because now everything I do seems amazing! Haha.
 
How far along?
12 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Nope. My pants are sometimes a bit tight by the end of the day. But it is rare that I'm still in jeans or work pants by 9 or 10 at night, so I don't really notice it too much. My buttoning days are numbered though it seems. Good thing Mama bought me a bagillion Belly Bands. I feel like those things will be my best friends.
 
Stretch Marks?
No more than I had before. I’m hoping I’m one of those rare people who doesn’t really get them. Wishful thinking? Yep. Pipe dream? Probably. Looking into some lotion though. Any suggestions?
 
Movement?
Too early.
 
Food cravings?
I discovered popsicles this week. Oh man. They were exactly what I've been looking for. I have been craving fruits, veggies, milk, and cold things. So cold, fruit flavored things? Amazing. I've been averaging 2-3 a night. EEK!
 
Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope. Thank god! I realize I've been lucky with this. Although, I have noticed that if I go too long without eating I start gagging. Which is weird, because I don't feel hungry yet, but I know that it's coming.
 
What I miss:
We went to watch the football game with everyone yesterday and it sucked not being able to drink. I'll admit it. And while I feel like an alcoholic complaining about wanting to drink all the time, I think it is more that I "can't". Tell me I can't do something and it is ALL I want to do! Haha.  
 
Symptoms?
The whole gaggy thing when I'm hungry. Heartburn is a mofo. Other than that, I've been pretty good. I was even told I've been nicer than usual lately. I told them not to get used to it.
 
Best moment this week?
Making it to 12 weeks. I know the doctor told me at my 10 weeks that we were good, but there's something about making it to 12 weeks that just makes you let out a sigh of relief. AND our countdown to the next ultrasound that we have at 13 weeks. They are doing the Nuchal Translucency Screening which to be honest we are kind of only doing to get another peek. I mean, the peace of mind will be nice, but we just wanted to see the little nugget again. (AND I've been hearing stories that sometimes they can have an idea of the gender?!?! Anyone have experience with this? I can't wait any longer!!!)
 
Workouts:
I should probably just delete this one. Haha.
 
Gender:
Too early to tell. I want to knooooooow.
 
Sleep?
Fine. I don't really wake up to pee anymore which is nice. I just can't sleep in late without needing to go. I find I feel my best when I can sleep until like 9, but that's only 2 days a week! Haha.
 
What I'm looking forward to?
Our ultrasound next week!
 
 
Linking up with Kristin (for the first time!!!) over at Busy Bee!!!

BUSY BEE

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to 12 weeks! You look great! And linking up with a baby linky?? So cute and exciting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude you look awesome, this looks like a weight loss update instead of a baby update! I want BUMP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think stretch marks are genetic more than anything so if you mom got them you probably will too but you can use lotion, worst case it will help with any itching that may occur as you belly gets bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your bundle of joy on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Britt! This looks like a weigh loss update. We need a bump, haha! I have heard awesome things about BioOil for helping prevent or helping keep stretchmarks from getting too bad. But then again, I have no idea because I have never been preggers, haha! I am so excited for you guys! I know I have told you that a zillion times, but I just can't contain it! I am looking forward to future bump updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using cocoa butter mostly for the dry skin and itching factor. I also would not trust the gender at 13 weeks, they wouldn't tell me anything at mine because of lawsuits for being wrong. Cold things are so good, I still crave ice water and ice cream :) looking good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome!
    I laughed at "I should probably just delete this." for the workout one. hahah That would be me too.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...