Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bumpdate: 13 Weeks


September 10th - 16th
 
So what has been going on this week?
Business as usual, pretty much. It's strange to talk about the baby so much now. I try not to make it ALL I ever talk about, but it is a pretty big thing in my life right now and I somehow always come back to talking about it.
 
How far along?
13 weeks. (Well.. technically I'm 14 weeks, but I do these a week behind to remember everything that happened)
 
Maternity Clothes?
None yet. Slowly acquiring a few things here and there for the morning where NOTHING fits. I started wearing the Belly Bands though. Not necessarily because things don't fit (although they are a savior if I'm wearing jeans and out and about all night) but more because they kind of smooth things out a bit.
 
Stretch Marks?
No more than I had before. I’m hoping I’m one of those rare people who doesn’t really get them. Wishful thinking? Yep. Pipe dream? Probably.

Movement?
I felt my first flutter at 12 weeks, 6 days on Monday, September 9th. It was unmistakable. It was one of the most bizarre, intense, amazing things I have ever felt. And just the day before I was talking about how I didn't know how I was going to feel when I felt the baby move. I thought I might think it was weird. And it was, but it was great. Haven't felt anything since though. Which is OK since I know it was early. I just think he/she wanted to say hey before our ultrasound so I wouldn't be too worried.

Food cravings?
Milk and popsicles. That's about it.

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
No. Thank GOD! I get a bit gaggy if I go too long without eating, but I don't get sick.

 What I miss:
Booze. Of course. I should just leave this for the entire time. Haha. I almost miss being able to talk about something I want or am feeling without everyone thinking it is because I'm pregnant. Want ice cream after dinner? Must be the pregnancy. Tired after a hell day at work. It's the pregnancy. Had a chip? There's that pregnancy again. Oy!

 Symptoms?
Nothing really. I've been having killer headaches, but I noticed they are on days I don't have caffeine, so I think it is just that. Heartburn hasn't been so bad. I take my pills in the morning just in case and I usually don't have a problem. My allergies have been terrible too. But nothing that bothers me too much!

Best moment this week?
It's pretty much a toss up between feeling the first little flutter and our ultrasound. I mean it was cool to feel the baby, but it was cool to SEE the baby. Especially when it was moving around. That was wild. Isn't Baby P the cutest little thing?
 
.
Workouts:
None. I suck. KG and I are going to start walking at lunch, but it has either been super humid or raining, so that's been a no-go.
 
Gender:
They gave us a guess. I think we find out for sure on October 21st!

Sleep?
Fine, except that I was talking to Big A about how I was excited I wasn't waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and I've woken up every single night since! One night, it was twice! I try not to drink too much before bed, but that's when I'm the thirstiest. It's a vicious cycle.
 
What I'm looking forward to?
Finding out what the gender is so I can buy things. We have a pretty good idea, but Big A is putting a stop on buying things until we know for sure. Bah humbug. He's probably right though (don't tell him I told you) because they could be totally wrong. We are getting started on the upstairs though so we can move up there and get the nursery set up. My dad is coming to measure stuff today and the carpet people are coming on Friday to give us an estimate. EEK! I can't wait!
 
*Oh, and funny story, so the Ultrasound Tech was taking all of the pictures, talking about how cooperative Baby P was and how great the pictures she was taking. That they got everything they needed so easily. Then, she casually mentioned  that Baby P had their legs crossed a little bit. So she walked out, since she can't tell us anything, and about 2 minutes later the doctor walked in. While we were alone, I told Big A I should move around to try and get Baby P to uncross their legs. The doctor came back in and Baby P was UPSIDE DOWN! He said, "I can't tell the gender if the baby is upside down". Ugh. This is totally my kid, sassy already! Luckily, the doc got to take a look anyway, at least enough to give us a guess. We'll see if he is right. *
 
And the weekly pics. I finally found myself a chalkboard. $20 on clearance at Marshalls. And I got the chalk markers for a STEAL. Both items were super expensive everywhere I went, so I feel like a bargain shoppah!
 
 
*Shameless Plug: Don't forget to enter the Fall "Favorite Things" Swap!
 
 
Linking up with Kristin from Busy Bee!

9 comments:

  1. That flutter was totally a request for Doritos

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY congrats - love these bump updates ! make sure to use belly butter or some kind of moisturizing cream to help to prevent new stretch marks and help with itchy skin! We include them in our first trimester bundle and we also sell earth mama kind on our bumblebean shop !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby P has the cutest nose I have ever seen, and I'm not prejudiced at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool that you felt a flutter! And I am in love with your chalkboard! So cute! And dude, you have some awesome hand writing! I feel like you could be a professional chalkboard writer, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to be super cliche, but you're totally glowing :)

    Can't wait to find out what you're having.. do you agree with the doctor's guess?

    And I agree with Megan.. totally jealous of your amazing handwriting!

    Jen
    Jen.amileamemory@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you friend!! Can't believe you felt something already! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chalkboard rocks! And seriously, your handwriting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing the baby at that ultrasound too, so cool to see a baby and not a bean!!!! The wait till the 20 week ultrasound is a killer but awesome too, I thought baby was a boy but we were dead wrong lol

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...