Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday's Letters

 
This was a LONG week. Long week. Busy week. Thank GOD it is over. I'm looking forward to a fabulous weekend filled with fun, Fall activities, and some relaxation.
 
Dear September, where did you go? Seriously, just yesterday it was Big A and I's first anniversary and now it is practically October. What's up with that? Slow down a little bit. Not too much. But just a little.
 
Dear October, you might be my favorite month of all. You are going to be busy, that's for sure. With a wedding, a Fall Fest event, registering, and getting started on all of the projects we need to do, I'm sure you will be over in a heartbeat. However, my most FAVORITE day will be the 23rd. That's when we find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! EEK!
 
Dear Big A, you're welcome for deciding not to be a crazy lady and scheduling an elective ultrasound ASAP. I'm still slightly considering it, but since our appointment is two days later than I thought it would be (and not over a week like the lady was telling me) I decided I could be patient. I mean, it's only 26 days. I mean, it is the 27th of September and it feels like the first was yesterday, so I know time is FLYING.
 
Dear N, thank you for being such an awesome friend. When I told you that I was finding out the gender on the 23rd, you asked, "so when can we go registering?!". Thanks for all that you do to be there for me and to help me out. I know you love this baby so much already and you are going to be a fabulous Auntie! (And that's about as nice as I'm going to be to you for the next 6 months, so you better read this.)
 
Dear Work, there are some things going on. Could be exciting. Could be disappointing. In true pessimist fashion, I've already prepared for the pessimist part. Just do me a favor and just put me out of my misery. It's worse not knowing because then I become more optimistic as the days go by and  that's just not cool. Soooo... just punch we in the face now and I can spend my weekend recovering. Cool?
 
Dear Self, you should probably update your pictures on your desk. I mean, you and Big A (and Mr. Fresh) look adorable, but they are WAY out of date. I mean, one is from a wedding 3 YEARS ago. The other is from an apartment you haven't lived in for almost a year with a comforter in the background that Mr. Fresh destroyed about 3 years ago as well. Hmm... if only you had some wonderful, expensive, professional pictures that you could use!
 
Dear Bank Account, thank GOD this is a week that I don't have to pay too much in bills. It was getting pretty hairy there for a minute. Don't judge me too much. I'm trying to pay everything down before le bebe comes. Sooo... just be patient. And stop charging me those ridiculous fees for going under your ridiculous threshold. I hate you.
 
Dear Mumsie, you are spoiling me rotten lately and I do not hate it. You know you don't have to. But I do greatly appreciate it. I now have a pretty good start on a selection of clothes I can wear when I'm large and in charge (which is probably any day now). You're the best.
 
Dear Self, you need to start moving. I know things are hard, and I know you're tired. Blah blah blah. If you gain 600 lbs in this pregnancy, you are going to hate yourself. So, go for a walk outside while you still can. Maybe buy some new workout DVDs. Do something! You will thank me later.
 
Dear House Renovations, please, please, please go easy on us. I know you are going to be expensive, but we are pretty much draining our savings to do you. So now hidden surprises. Unless you want to come in under budget. Then in that case... go for it!
 
That's all for today. Don't forget to sign-up for the Fall Favorite Things Blogger Swap. Enter below and go here for the rules and details. Today is the last day to enter!

Powered byEMF Online HTML Form

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! I was hoping you would be willing to answer my quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOO Friday!! Also, I feel like today all of a sudden it was fall. Weird. I cannot wait to find out what you are having!! I'm calling girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Friday! I hope everything at work works out for you! And I love when Moms spoil you. It's the best. And I am sure your renovations will go amazing! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...