Thursday, September 12, 2013

Our First Anniversary

Sunday, September 8th, marked one year from when I walked down that aisle and said "I do" to the most amazing man I've ever met.
 
It was seriously one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. And I still miss that day so much. Not the stress, or the planning (or the money), but just how amazing that day felt. I wish we could do it all over again!
 
I can't believe how fast a year went by. I feel like I blinked and here we are. It's been quite the busy year. We bought a house, fixed it up a little, had countless memories and firsts there, and oh yeah... we're having a baby too. People always say to us, "Wow, you guys didn't waste any time, huh?"
 
And well... on the one hand, they are right. I mean, we found our house (pretty much by accident, who knew they were actually going to accept our offer) a month after our wedding. Three months after our wedding, it was ours. THAT was quick.
 
As for the bambino...well...yeah... we have only been married for a year, but we have been together for almost seven. So, it isn't like we rushed into everything. We were together for two and a half years before we lived together. Together four years before we got engaged. Together almost five and a half years before we got married. We took our time. Now it's time to get moving! Haha. But seriously, I'm almost 28, Big A is 30 (dun dun duuuuun) and why the hell not? Ya know.
 
Anyway... Sunday morning I woke up earlier than Big A (surprise, surprise). I decided to make him a little surprise since I knew that he had some things to do before the football game, so I knew his plan of going to breakfast wasn't going to work. So I made blueberry streusel muffins. And while I was looking around for the muffin tin, I found my heart shaped tin and figured, why the hell not! Haha
 
Delicious.
 
While the muffins were baking, I decided to give Big A another little treat. I begged and begged him to put up this collage frame (that matched the one that has all of our engagement pictures in it) and then it has pretty much just sat there with the original pictures of random strangers in it for a good seven months! Haha. He HATED it and kept threatening to take it down. SO, I broke out the wedding pictures and finally put them in!

Except, a certain Border Collie who thinks that he is a little tiny baby and wants to sit in my lap all the time walked ACROSS it when I had JUST finished and broke one of the pieces of glass. This thing has sat forever, I finally do it, and it breaks. Ugh. I know I can find another piece of glass, but for now I just stare at the broken glass and get annoyed.
 
After breakfast, Big A went out to run a couple errands and then we met up with our friends that we watch the football game with. It was a gorgeous day out and it was so much fun to see everyone. Except for it sucked to be pretty much the only one there that wasn't drinking. (Except for the other pregnant girl there, but she doesn't seem to mind not drinking. Nothing makes you feel more like an alcoholic than foaming at the mouth for a nice, frosty Coors, and someone else going, "meh, I don't have a problem with it" haha)

 
Big A brought me home beautiful roses like he always does. He's such a good boy. Anniversary, Valentine's Day, my Birthday, I ALWAYS get flowers. They smelled SO good.
 
After the football game, we took a trek out to the bakery where we got our wedding cake. Our wedding venue threw away the top of our wedding cake. I was really upset. I didn't think I cared about the tradition (and actually thought it was kind of gross) until they took away that option. I thought it was rude. So, I called our bakery to ask them if I could order another one and it turns out that they do one free for your anniversary. The only thing was that it was a pretty generic cake, they didn't decorate it like our wedding cake. It was still pretty and still tasty!

 
We got home and then headed out to our favorite restaurant, Dino's. They have THE most amazing lobster ravioli I have EVER tasted. And they give you big chunks of lobster on top. My FAVORITE. I've been dying for it forever and it did not disappoint. They bring you fresh bruschetta when you sit down and we ordered shrimp cocktail as well for a little treat. Delish. I also had a tiny, little bit of champagne (judge away) which was delicious as well.
 
We came home, stuffed, rested for a little, and then had our cake. I made Big A cut it with me like we did at our wedding! It was silly, but fun. (Then I looked at our wedding pictures and saw how skinny I was and thought of how fat I'll get and then cried a little into my cake...I kid...but damn was I skinny!!!)
 
All in all, it was a great day.  Even if we completely forgot to give each other our cards until like, 11 at night, right when we were about to go to bed. Haha. I guess we were having too much fun!
 
I told Big A that we had such an amazing first year and I didn't know how we were going to top it for our second year. Then he reminded me that we are having a baby and that the second year was pretty much a shoe-in. Haha. I guess he's right!
 
It was an absolutely perfect day (couldn't have asked for better weather, now if only we had that kind of weather on our wedding day rather than all that rain!) and I am so excited to see what the next fifty, sixty, maybe even seventy years, has in store for us!
 
If you want to see the whole story play out from our Engagement through our Wedding, click on the "Our Wedding" page up top or click here. It will catch you up on all of the stories, details, planning, etc.

5 comments:

  1. You two are so cute...made me puke a little reading this! haha! Glad you guys had a great anniversary! It's hard to believe a year has passed already!
    I think you hubby is right, year 2 is a shoe in! You'll be celebrating your 2nd anniversary with a little bambino!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those muffins now.

    Oh, happy anniversary too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those muffins now.

    Oh, happy anniversary too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A - those muffins look glorious, B - HAPPYANNIVERSARYHOWHASITBEENAYEARBAH, C - we ate our cake topper immediately returning from our honeymoon, D - you're preggo, don't cry in the cake, eat it. Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muffins are so cute! And they look freaking delicious! I am glad that you guys had a great anniversary! I can't believe that it has already been a year! Time flies when you are having fun I guess, haha! And the pictures look great. Sorry that one of the pieces of glass broke. Hopefully you can find a replacement for it. And that cake! OMG! Fatty over here wants a piece now, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...