Wednesday, September 25, 2013

So What! Wednesday

Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* My road rage it out of control. I've got random people walking out in the middle of the street by my office building instead of on the perfectly good sidewalk (walking 5 people across is NOT acceptable, the road is for CARS), doing the 10 second stop at a stop sign when there isn't a car in sight, driving 10 mph BELOW the speed limit, and randomly stopping or slowing down for absolutely no reason. Don't even get me started on the lack of blinker usage. Let's just say that my car rides have become pretty loud and full of profanity.
 
* I have been struggling with my hair dryer lately and it is totally just because of user error. The first time I was flipping the temperature switch and not the power switch, so of course it wouldn't turn on. And then last night, I plugged in my straightener instead. Yeah... they don't work when you don't plug them in. Good grief! At least I had a good laugh at myself.
 
* I am the most impatient person in the entire world and I just want to know the baby's gender, like, yesterday. I thought they were doing it at my 18 week, but they schedule it separate and it probably won't be until 19 weeks. And since they have been booking me a week behind for everything, I'm NOT waiting until 20 weeks. I told Big A that if they did that this time, then we were scheduling an elective ultrasound to find out sooner. I have planning to do. Let's get this show on the road.
 
* I give Boss Man lessons on what is and is not acceptable when walking by my cube. I know that he just does things to bother me, but I'm thinking that maybe someone who is a repeat offender may overhear and stop dragging their hands down the wall when they walk by, touching and moving my things, coming INTO my cube and standing behind me, etc. I asked if we could electrify it so it would give people a shock when they touched it and he said no. I never get to do ANYTHING.
 
* I'm excited about Big A and I's date at Home Depot tonight. We are going to pick out stuff to FINALLY get started on the upstairs at our house. Now, if we were smart, we would have been working on this bit by bit over the past year. BUT, we never do anything we don't have to, so naturally we wait until we are having a baby and it NEEDS to get done. Whatever, it gets done regardless, just now it is more exciting and suspenseful! Haha.
 
* I really wish I didn't have to work 5 days a week. I LOVED my 3 day week last week. I was so refreshed and happy. And now... boooooooooooooo.
 
* I'm super excited that N is coming over tomorrow because that means that I will finally clean my house. Sometimes I'm really good at keeping up with it. And sometimes I clean out of pure embarrassment of someone coming over and seeing the giant dog hair balls floating around the house.
 
* I have been wanting to write some big, long dramatic (and probably a bit nasty) post about a particularly ridiculous incident that happened this weekend, but I have decided to continue taking the high road. I'm squeaky clean in this situation and I'm not about to mess that up now by stooping to a lower level. I'm going to be a Mom. I don't have time for that bullshit.
 
* I'm super excited that I have posted 3 days in a row! Haha. I know Monday's post was kind of  a fluff post, but it was a post. It counts!
 
Alright, that's it for today!
 
Also, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to my wonderful friend Leah for winning the Diamond Candle giveaway! I can't wait to see what ring you get! Thanks everyone for entering!
 
Also, don't forget to sign up for the Fall Favorite Things Blogger Swap! Sign-up closes Friday!

5 comments:

  1. I would love to work four, 10 hour shifts, I'm considering asking for that when I come back from maternity leave. Coming back after a week on vacation was rough!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing at your hairdryer/straightener incident bc you totally have preggo brain. Also, "I'm going to be a Mom. I don't have time for that bullshit." - I do. I like emails. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could work 3 days a week that would be ideal.

    I had to wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender and was so impatient and considered doing the early elective one but I'm glad I didn't and saved the money, waiting one or two more weeks won't make a big difference planning wise and you can put that money towards something for the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Possibly having to wait until week 19 to find out the gender would annoy me also. I am impatient and would want to know asap as well. My friend did the super early gender reveal. I thought she was going to chew off every fingernail if she didn't find out soon. hahah


    3 day work week...I could really go for that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I wish we could blog about stuff to get it off our chest and not take the high road haha!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...