Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Bumpdate: 18 Weeks


October 15th – 21st, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
Busy, busy. Still working on the upstairs (well, my dad is… I just listen to the noise and answer questions when asked). Went on a work trip. Broke down and finally bought maternity clothes.
 
How far along?
18 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yep. I did it. I was waiting to get on the plane to come back to Boston on Thursday and went to the bathroom quick just in case. That’s when I found out that I had busted the stitching on the zipper of my jeans and it was no longer attached. I decided enough was enough. My Zulily package arrived the next day and I had already made plans to go shopping on Saturday for “when I needed them”. I figured I might as well just relent now when it is a choice! I can still wear a lot of my normal shirts and sweaters though.
 
Stretch Marks?
I think I found a couple on my thighs, but they might have already been there. Lathering up just in case. Still none on my stomach.

Movement?
Same. Here and there. I wish it would be a little more consistent. It makes me nervous otherwise, but I know it is normal.

Food cravings?
Eh, nothing sticks. I still have popsicles from time to time. And all of a sudden something will sound good, but it isn’t a life or death situation. Big A on the other hand is trying out some very interesting creations from his sympathy pregnancy cravings! Haha

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope!

What I miss:
Alcohol. A waist line. Ya know. Same ‘ole same ‘ole. I should just leave this every week and add to it. Haha.

Symptoms?
Heartburn sporadically. I’m trying not to take anything for it unless it is bad. Blood noses sometimes. I get tired and out of breath easy and I don’t usually notice it until someone comments on my breathing. I need to learn when to slow down.

Best moment this week?
I had a doctor’s appointment on the 21st. It was great to hear that everything looks good, I only gained 3 pounds in 4 weeks, which I’m happy about and to hear the heartbeat again. (you know, after the little brat stopped moving around, which of course scared the shit out of me because I thought she couldn’t find a heartbeat and she knew that he/she was just moving around…not the most fun moment…)

Workouts:
HA! Moving on…

Gender:
WE FIND OUT TOMORROW!!! THE 23RD!!! EEEEKKKKKK!

Sleep?
Remember when I talked about how I don’t have to use the bathroom a lot so sleep was fine? Yeah… no bueno. I don’t know if I wake up because I have to pee or if I wake  up and realize I have to pee. Sometimes I can go back to sleep, but other times it is just worth it to get up and go and get back to sleep. It could mean the difference between waking up at 5:30 or being able to sleep in later.

What I'm looking forward to?
The Gender Ultrasound. Hands down. I am so excited to find out what we are having. It will be like a little person. I HATE calling the baby “it” so, it will be awesome to say he or she. I put a little poll on the side for people to guess if they want. And I’ll be posting the results of the “Old Wives’ Tales” tomorrow, if you want to see what those say. I have my suspicions. Call it Mother’s Intuition. We will see if I’m right!
 
Bump in effect people. Within the past week or two it definitely came out. It looks a whole lot bigger at the end of the day than the beginning. I should take a comparison picture. Also, I totally forgot to take a picture at home. So while I am wearing real clothes, my hair is straightened, and I am wearing make-up, I am taking selfie bump pictures in hotel bathrooms and that's a whole new set of "your mom is crazy, sorry kid". Haha
Linking up with Kristin over at Busy Bee!

9 comments:

  1. YAY!! Tomorrows the big day!! What time is your appointment? I can't wait to see what the Wives Tales predict! You have a perfect baby bump! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a cute baby bump! I can't wait to hear what you're having, so exciting!!!

    I had heartburn with Madelyn and tried not to take anything. I found if I were to lay on my right side it was much worse. If I switched to my left side I could more often than not get relief. I made it until about 32 weeks before my doctor gave me a prescription because she was concerned about the damage it could cause to my esophagus. Unfortunately, I found it got worse before it got better and the minute Madelyn was born the heartburn went away. And, when I say the minute I mean immediately after she was born the heartburn was gone, it was the strangest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post would be incomplete without an uncertain looking bell pepper.

    Also, heart the bump. You should wear a Bumpit in your hair too. BUMPCEPTION

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm predicting girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting. What app is that with the fruit/veggie??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear what you are having! So exciting!! Oh and I hear that heartburn means your baby will have a full head of hair! Old wives tails are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Tomorrow is so close!!!! You definitely have a little bump, but it is so cute!!! I can't wait until you let all of us know what it is! And I can't wait to see what all of the old wives tale say!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At my last appointment the midwife was chasing the baby around, once she stopped moving and we were listening to the heartbeat the baby started kicking my midwife on the hand. She did not want to stop it was pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMIGOSH! Today is the day! CAN'T wait to hear what you're having! I hope the appointment went/goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...