Wednesday, October 23, 2013

So What! Wednesday & Old Wives' Tales

Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* There is literally nothing else that I care about today other than making it until 3:00 PM for our Gender Ultrasound
 
* I have a gender preference and I'm not afraid to admit it. Of course, the most important thing is happy and healthy, but you can't help to get your hopes up one way or the other. It doesn't mean that I will be disappointed if I don't get what I want. It just means that if I had a choice then I would pick one over the other.
 
* Sometimes none of this feels real. I keep telling Big A that I'm going to be looking at the baby in the hospital room wondering where it came from. It's just such a new experience. Which always seem surreal to me.
 
* My baby shower is 3 months from Friday. How's THAT for putting things in perspective? Do you know how fast the Holiday season goes? You blink and it is January 1st! Then I have about 6 weeks after the shower until my due date. Straight craziness.
 
* Literally everything in this post is about the baby. It's a pretty big baby day.
 
* People who tell me they don't want to know the gender or think that I shouldn't find out annoy me sometimes. I mean, I know people mean well, and some people only bother me because about 20,000 other people have given me their opinion, but SOME people are just relentless with it. You can do whatever you want with your kid. All the power to you. But let's just get this one thing straight...you don't get to tell me what to do with my kid. And no, I'm not going to keep it a secret because you don't want to find out.
 
Alright, that's enough of that. I think it would be fun to check out what the Old Wives' Tales are telling and see if they are right!
 
Here's what we got so far:
 
Bump High or Low: Low - Boy
 
Heart rate: 140+ = Girl
 
Chinese gender prediction: Boy
 
Mayan: (mom's age + month of conception: even/odd = boy; both even or both odd = girl) Boy
 
Ring Test: Boy
 
Acne: Girl (but I've heard both?)
 
Sick: No - Boy
 
"Chest Development": Boy
 
Headaches: Boy
 
Are you sleeping on your left side more than your right? You are expecting a boy: Boy, but I've always slept on my left side more.
 
Are you especially moody? You are pregnant with a daughter. Or Cool and calm, you are expecting a son: Boy
 
Are you tripping all over yourself and dropping things constantly? This means you're having a boy while being smooth and graceful means a girl is on the way: Boy
 
Who is less stressed in the pregnancy? Whoever is cooler determines the sex. If dad is chill, you are expecting a son. If mom is the cool cucumber, a daughter is on the way: Boy
 
Apparently according to one study the mother of the baby is right about 71% of the time when she just guesses her baby's sex: Boy

12/14 = Boy
 
I guess we will just have to wait and see! Let's hope Baby P decides to be cooperative! Any tips for making sure that baby is awake and moving around?

10 comments:

  1. Hey Girl! New follower from So What Wednesday! Gaaaah, I HAD to know the gender! I hate everything yellow and green. I am pink or blue allllllll the way! Can't wait to come back and find out the deeeets!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, since Ry and I aren't finding out, I am totally living this day through you! HAHA! I cannot wait to hear what it is! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the old wives tales said I should have had a girl and obviously were wrong so I don't buy into them very much. I'm still thinking girl. And don't feel bad for having a gender preference I think most people do whether they admit it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaaagggghhhhh! I can't wait! I am so excited for you guys! I think it is a boy!! That is crazy that so many of the old wives tales are saying boy. I would think that they would be split down the middle. But who knows, they might be right!!! Only a few more hours! Eeeeekkkkk!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I'd HAVE to find out. I couldn't wait to not know!! Hope the ultrasound goes great and can't wait to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came over from the linkup! I drank a mountain dew before my ultrasound and my daughter was moving around like crazy. :) I am with you about finding out the gender. I was DYING to know. I didn't care either way but I just wanted to know. I don't see how people wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope that the baby was cooperative and showed you his/her stuff!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any time I see these kind of post I always feel like the gender ends up being the opposite of what the majority of the answers are. So I am going to guess girl.
    I know someone that wanted a boy really really really bad. Like not going to be ok with it being a girl. Wellll she is having a girl. When I got the text I didn't know how to respond. My heart dropped. She is coming around to the idea more now that they have a name for her, but she still really wanted her to be a boy. She does not want anymore children either. One and only one.

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...