Monday, November 25, 2013

2013 = A Big Fat FAIL

Happy Monday Folks!
 
I'm a bit bummed today. I mean, my weekend was alright, and I'll get to that in a minute, but I'm bummed.
 
I tried to put together our Christmas cards this weekend and ran into a little bit of a problem.
 
We barely took ANY pictures in 2013.
 
Seriously.
 
There's a picture of us from a wedding in May (not really card worthy though) and a couple cell phone pictures from other people.
 
That's it.
 
It's been 11 months. We have been to countless weddings, parties, events, etc. We went on vacation. We went away for Big A's birthday. Our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
 
Nothing.
 
This was a big year for us.
 
Our first year in our house. Our first year married. Our last year before we become parents and what do we have to show for it?
 
We didn't even get our annual Chevelle picture. Our first EVER picture together was when we had been dating for maybe a month and a half. It was Summer Nationals (which WAS a giant car show that they had every year around the 4th of July and now it is just a joke) and I met him at night. I trekked all over the place to find him since I had never been there before and I finally did. And my friends immediately bailed on me (I don't blame them. We had been walking forever). It was a big moment in our relationship. We got a picture in front of his car.
 
And have, every year since. For the past 6 years. And now we missed the 7th. Granted, we didn't end up going to the Summer Nationals this year (since they moved it to Connecticut and it SUCKED) and we had the 4th of July party at our house, so it was a little more downscaled than the one we used to go to. BUT, still. I can't believe we missed it.
 
I'm so upset. We have no pictures to remind us of this year.
 
I have plenty of bullshit pictures of my nails, or something I saw that I liked, or the dog, but none of us. Or all of us.
 
I talked to Big A about it yesterday and told him that wasn't acceptable. Especially since we will have a baby next year. There is NO way that I am looking back on the first year of my son's life and wondering where the pictures are. I mean... I know that it probably is unlikely that I will forget to take pictures of my baby, but still.
 
We really need to make sure that we are more into taking pictures. When we are old and gray, all we will have are those memories. I love looking back at pictures of us from over the years. And now? Nothing.
 
I'm wondering if we could still salvage a picture with the car, but I think Big A might have it all covered up for Winter. Plus, it wouldn't really be the same. Ya know.
 
Anyway... I'm done whining. I'm just super bummed. Maybe we can take some nice ones at Thanksgiving to use for the card!
 
In other news, Friday night, we went out to dinner for a friend's birthday. It was a nice little night. Although I felt bad that we couldn't hang out after. I turn into a pumpkin and Big A had to work on Saturday, as usual. But the dinner was nice.
 
Saturday, we went to the annual Turkey Shoot. Which is another event that isn't as much fun when you can't drink. Especially since everyone else there was ridiculously hammered. Aaaaand then there's me.
 
BUT... I did end up winning 3 turkeys and a pair of Red Sox tickets. So the weekend wasn't a total loss.
 
Yesterday, I deemed it too cold to get out of bed. I made cinnamon rolls and coffee and we had them in bed while we watched a movie. Eventually Big A got up and was a valued member of society and Mr. Fresh and I stayed in bed watching TV until almost 3:00.
 
After that, I made some lunch and transferred myself to the couch. Where I stayed until it was time to go to my parents' house for dinner. I begrudgingly left my nice warm house and headed over...in my PJs. It was a delicious dinner, I'm glad I went. Oh yeah... the company was alright too. Hehe.
 
After that, I trekked myself through the cold home and returned to my couch with a cup of hot chocolate. And there I stayed. Until it was time for me to go to bed. Which I was all prepared for, since I never got out of my PJs.
 
It was delightful.
 
I didn't get anything done that I wanted to get done, but whatever. I enjoyed the day. AND I slept all the way through the night, so obviously the relaxation was a good idea.
 
That's all I got for you today. I'm just trying to make it through the next 2 1/2 days and then enjoy my long weekend! Woo hoo!

5 comments:

  1. You got to get a friend to take a couple shots with the pooch in front of the house! Also, my weekend was also tre lazy and amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, I have no idea what picture I am going to use for our Christmas card... ugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much all weekend I stayed inside until I absolutely had to go out. Andy was already out so I had him pick up a few things that I needed so I didn't have to go out in the cold. hahaha i hate being cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have to ask. What is a Turkey Shoot? I have never heard of one before. And I am so confused, haha! Glad you had a good relaxing weekend! And I am in the same situation with the whole picture thing. Not one good one that we can use. Definitely need to get some taken this weekend so that I can order our cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so over the cold weather already. I wish we could just fast forward to the spring time!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...