Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bumpdate: 23 Weeks


November 19th – 25th, 2013
 
So what has been going on this week?
Had a doctor’s appointment this week. Everything looks good and the heartbeat is nice and strong!
 
How far along?
23 Weeks.
 
Maternity Clothes?
Yep. I’m going to be screwed for a jacket pretty soon though. No clue what I’m going to do for the Winter. I REALLY don’t want to buy a coat. NOW TAKING MATERNITY WINTER COAT DONATIONS! Kidding… sort of…
 
Stretch Marks?
None yet. Crossing fingers I don’t get any. I switched to a lotion. I liked the oil, but the smell was starting to bother me and I didn’t like how it made me sticky. It makes my skin super smooth so I hope it works!
 
Movement?
This kid is crazy. I’m pretty sure that he spends his time stretched out to the complete max. Things feel tight. I don’t know how I’m going to make it through the end!

Food cravings?
Nothing really still. I ate two jars of pickles last week, but I wouldn’t kill a guy over them.

Nausea, vomiting, or sickness?
Nope!

What I miss:
Wine. Italian subs. Sleeping on my stomach. Not being tired.  

Symptoms?
Just some pain in my ribs. Mostly on the right side. It’s pretty uncomfortable 80% of the time. I have to sit in a weird position for it to feel better.

Best moment this week?
I’ve gotten more into my belly this week. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m dying for a waist line, BUT I’m embracing the bump. I like to feel around for where he is. Although Big A tells me not to poke him so much!

Workouts:
I decided to start walking more and then the weather turned to frigid. I plan to get my ass back on the treadmill, but the week of Thanksgiving isn’t the week to start. My doctor is “concerned” about my weight gain (which I totally understand number-wise, but I honestly don’t know where it all went. I did measurements and everything is still the same size other than my boobs and belly. So… I don’t know how to not gain weight in my midsection…)

Gender:
BOY!

Sleep?
Much, MUCH better. I still wake up sometimes, but I am able to get right back to sleep for the most part. Dog Bones is doing better with his pacing, but every so often he gets kicked out of the bedroom. I only have 4 months left of sleep and I’m not wasting it. He’s only objected once and whined at the door. We let him in (because we are pansies) and he chilled right out. Maybe he’s learning!

What I'm looking forward to?
Hopefully not getting yelled at about my weight at my next appointment. I can’t wait to hear his heartbeat again! Although, they scheduled the glucose test for the same day which is convenient, but it is also my birthday, so that’s a double-edged sword. I’m looking forward to a week of family and friends and getting started on December. Sorry people, but I’m in the Christmas spirit and I’m looking forward to January 1st since it marks the year of the BABY!   

The bump is here to stay!
 
Linking up with Kristin over at Mama and Mou!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much about the weight because you look great! Just embrace this time when you can! It will all work out and you'll probably be one of those lucky ladies who drops all their weight super fast after baby! I just keep reminding myself that pregnancy is hard enough without having to obsess over every little bit of food I eat...so enjoy it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sleep! And glad to hear the dog is sleeping better too! Sorry about the coat situation too. That doesn't sound like fun. Hope you can figure something out! And glad that your little guy is moving all over the place! What an awesome feeling that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bump is so cute! My friend is also preggers and we were just having the coat discussion this morning. Good luck maybe you can layer and get by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad sleep is going better for you & the pup! It is miserably too cold to walk outside. I wanted to take the dog for a walk after work yesterday. That sounded like a good idea until I left work and had to walk out in this freezing cold weather. Sorry pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't stress over the weight. Seriously you are going to gain what you're supposed to, in my opinion! You look fantastic! BTW I listed some more of James's clothes on the IG machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. Just keep eating healthy and walking when you can and you'll be fine!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...