Wednesday, November 20, 2013

So What! Wednesday

 
Linking up with Shannon today for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* I have no clue what pictures I am going to use on our Christmas cards this year. STILL. I mean, I know I have time, but I don't even want to look. I don't think we did anything photo worthy this year. Ugh.
 
* I'm whatever about my appointment today, but I'm excited that Big A and I are meeting for lunch and he is coming with me. He's made it to most of the ultrasounds, but it is hard for him to make it to the other appointments. He's off on Wednesday, so I asked him if he wanted to come with me. They are usually quick appointments and you get to hear the heartbeat which he has only heard from a recording on my phone. And he said yes! Which I thought was super cute, since I honestly would have been OK if he said no. (And it was the "yes I want to" kind of yes, not the "I'm afraid that you will kill me if I say no" kind of yes! Haha)
 
* I made my dad stay at my house later so he could help me bring the groceries in. I didn't really "make" him, he was still working, but I made sure he stayed. I just couldn't fathom bringing everything in by myself. Except then I just drove on the front lawn and backed my car up to the front door and it took two seconds. I should enjoy that while there isn't snow on the ground because it isn't happening after that!
 
* I made a whole list of new recipes to try that I found on Pinterest and I didn't like the first one I made last night. It was a taco pasta bake thing and I just don't think that tacos and pasta go together. Ya know. It was just, meh, and I didn't end up finishing my plate. (Which is probably a good thing for my weigh in today)
 
* I hulk smashed a brand new gallon of milk the other night. Big A JUST bought it and I slammed it into the fridge door by accident. I remember thinking "wow, I'm surprised that didn't break... oh my god, why is there milk everywhere?!" Then I couldn't move because every tiny movement made more milk spill. So I had to stand holding the milk (because I REFUSED to waste it all) over the sink and dial Big A with my elbow since he was out in the garage and have him come help me. I just laughed at how ridiculous the whole thing was.
 
* We still have our pumpkins on our front porch. And corn stalks on our light post. We should probably take the corn stalks down since they look terrible now, but I'm leaving the pumpkins until after Thanksgiving. They are still in good shape, so why not?! (Stole this one from Shannon)
 
* I refuse to put my maternity clothes with my regular clothes so they just sit on top of Big A's bureau. I need to get some sort of tub or something to put them in. I just refuse to completely overhaul my clothes. OR I could get Big A to finally clean out his bureau and steal one of his drawers! GENIUS!
 
* I really just don't want to go back to work after the baby is born. Only for like, a year or so, but I just don't want to. Unfortunately, there's no way that could happen. We couldn't live on one salary and my work has amazing benefits and great insurance. It would make more sense for Big A to stay home and do side work out of the garage. But that's not going to happen. Plus, that still wouldn't solve that I want to stay home. Wah!
 
Alright, that's it for today. Head on over to Shannon's blog and link up!
 
PS: Last chance to enter my Tiny Prints $50 gift card (and free shipping) giveaway! Winner will be announced tomorrow!


4 comments:

  1. Laughing at this mental image of your milk balancing act coupled with the fact that you redneck parked on your front lawn to bring in groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny. I've done that with milk before and had the boys bring me a pitcher to put it in. That stuff is like gold you can't waste it. My pumpkins are still on the porch too. We just put stick decoratons on them so they are still Yoda and a superhero potatoe head :)
    Stopping by from the linkup - Jenny
    www.lovemyrandomness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing groceries in sucks. I can't imagine doing it all by yourself while pregnant. Good call on having your dad help :) Hope you got to lay down a bit afterwards!

    I think I have a recipe saved for a taco pasta kind of thing. I just love both of those, but thanks for the heads up on it not being the best. (not like Im going to actually make it. I don't try new recipes haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my pumpkins on my porch too. They aren't carved, so technically they are still okay through Thanksgiving! Great minds think alike. And sorry about the milk incident. I would have been laughing at myself too though. You have to sometimes. Hope your appointment is awesome today. Glad that Big A gets to go with you!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...