Wednesday, November 27, 2013

So What! Wednesday

Linking up with Shannon for So What! Wednesday!
 
This week I am saying So What! if...
 
* I am officially losing my mind. I was baking cookies last night and couldn't find my spatula. When I found my wallet in a weird place on the counter (amongst all of the baking stuff) I went to my purse on a hunch. Yeap. Wallet was with the baking stuff and the spatula was in my purse. (This however, is NOT a new thing for me. I once looked for my remote for 3 days before I found it in my purse!)
 
* In true losing my mind fashion, I was doing something on my Ipad last night and noticed it kept moving. I had it resting on my belly and apparently Baby P was playing soccer with it. So, I stopped what I was doing and watched the movements for a minute. And then promptly forgot what I was doing before.
 
* I planned on spreading out my to do list over the past few days. Sunday was supposed to be grocery shopping and some cleaning. Monday was baking. Tuesday was prep for everything that needed to be made Wednesday. And Wednesday was supposed to be finishing up all the baking/cooking and a light clean of the house. Instead... I did nothing on Sunday. Shopped at lunch on Monday (thank you cold temps for turning my car into a freezer). Cleaned half the house last night, baked cookies, and marinated the chicken wings. BUT, I still have a shit load to do today before people come over tonight. I ALWAYS wait until the last minute! WAAAAAAH!
 
* I was mad at Big A for being home late last night and we didn't get to do what we planned on. And then halfway through my attitude I started kicking him with my feet and joking around with him. I was too tired to keep up the charade so I just dropped it. Although he probably thinks I'm Cybil now and is scared of my mood swings. At least I went from mad to happy, not the other way around.
 
* I'm in love with my cheap Target body pillow. Seriously, I would marry that shit. After two $40-$50 "pregnancy pillows" that sucked the big one, this was a god send! I sleep better just knowing it is next to me!
 
* Early Release Days, Holidays, and Time Off Work make me nicer. I just sat in the lunch room and talked with three of my coworkers that I NEVER talk to (and one I don't particularly like) for almost half an hour. About pretty personal things. See? I AM a nice person, I just need to not be working for it to come out. :)
 
* Sometimes, I think about my life and the people I have in it. And then I think about the people who aren't in it anymore and I wonder if things could have been different. If I could have been different. But, then I realize that I've done everything I can and that at some point you have to cut the people from your life that are damaging it. My life is SO much less stressful without these people in it and the fact that I do not feel one ounce of sadness about it should show me that I've done the right thing. (Heavy for a So What!, but it has been heavy on my mind)
 
* If I begged and pleaded (and eventually just put my foot down) about the color I wanted the upstairs bathroom painted and now that it is time to paint it almost... I don't like it. It just isn't perfect. I need perfect.
 
* It would be absolutely amazing if I won that giveaway that Shannon has on her blog. With all of the house redos and baby things, an extra $350 would be amazing! I know I just won a whole bunch of turkeys and Red Sox tickets, but any chance my luck could continue for just a little bit more? I promise I'll be good!
 
Once again, my So What's are a monologue rather than a quick list. But then again, would you expect anything less? I'm off to spend the last 30 minutes of work doing... I dunno... probably blog reading. And then I am off to attack my to do list!
 
I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Haha! Spatula in your purse! That is hilarious! I have done weird things like that too though. I am sure you will get all of your things done in time! Hope you have a great rest of your day and a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find things in the most random places too and I would say baby brain but my youngest is almost 3. I've told everyone that it never really goes away. ;) You won Red Sox tickets that is awesome. I used to win things locally all the time but I haven't been as good about entering them lately. I need to get back on that since I love the free things to do.
    Stopping by from the link up - Jenny
    www.lovemyrandomness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also the biggest procratinator on the planet. I did my shopping on Monday and it is now Wednesday and I still need to finish cleaning and start baking. I should have done this while the kids were at school, because cleaning with kids is almost pointless lol

    I literally laughed out loud when you found your spatula in your purse.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spatula in your purse is fantastic. Is it bad that I do that shit without having preggo brain? Also, I get your heavy so what. I often think about that stuff too and wish things could be different, but each time it happens, you learn something about yourself. It sucks that people we care about end up as casualties in our lives but it's because of the choices they made, not you. I'm enjoying being older because it's shown me who I can really count on when things matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shove a lot of shit in my purse, but I don't think a spatula or the remote has ever been an item in my purse hahah
    Im a procrastinator also. I always think of all the things I need to get done when I'm being productive at work. Then I get off work and would rather just go home and sit on the couch. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny about the spatula in your purse. Last week I couldn't find my car keys at work and they were in my lunch bag..whoops! Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed out loud that your spatula was in your purse! When I was pregnant I accidentally left my cell phone in the freezer because I had been grabbing popsciles, haha.

    - Lauren @ anothermomanotherblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are loving that Target pillow. That is awesome. Sleep is so important! I love that you put your wallet on your counter and spoon in the purse. I would totally do something like that even not pregnant! Like the famous where are my glasses and they are on your head. Haha! Good luck getting everything done (although everyone must be there now). Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...