Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good one.
 
Exhausting. But good.
 
Friday night, I actually showered, got dressed, and did my hair and make-up to go out for N's birthday celebration.
 
Proof that I still know how to dress myself.
 
I was pretty excited about all of this because for once I actually felt like I looked good and not like a giant pile of mush. I also tried on a pair of my normal jeans. While there's no way in hell I could button them, they fit everywhere else, so I'm pretty excited about that one. I decided I'm going to continue to do a pulse check with them every month or so to feel a bit better about this million pound weight gain.
 
And now I've made N's birthday all about me. Whoops!
 
Anyway... I picked N up and we met everyone at this new hibachi restaurant. It was SO much fun and SO good. I definitely want to go back. And I DEFINITELY want to go back when I can drink.
 
I want to be able to just set things on fire to cook them. And there's N in her special birthday hat/face.
 
Afterwards, we all went out. And while I felt a little uncomfortable hanging out in a bar, it was so much fun to go out with the girls and just be normal for awhile. I had an absolute blast and N had so much fun which was the best part of all. I'm so glad that she had such a great night!
 
Saturday, Mumsie and I met up and got to work. We ran some errands and then headed home to start painting the furniture for the baby's room and the vanity for the bathroom. I'm terrible and have absolutely no pictures for you. I was a bad girl and using latex paint (the only way I could find the exact paint I was looking for) and I'm pretty allergic to it. So I kept myself gloved and everything I use on a normal basis FAR FAR away from me to prevent anything from touching.
 
I promise I will get pictures when it is done. The furniture is coming along SO much better than I thought it would! I just hope that once we get everything into the room, it flows like I think it will.
 
I want to make one of those mood boards or whatever people do, but I don't know how...soooo... for now it will just all be in my head.
 
Sunday, Big A and I went and ran some errands. I had to run into the office to do a couple things for my boss and then we headed out. We didn't get as much done as we wanted since the tile store was closed on a Sunday (whaaat?!), but we were able to get some things.
 
The day was kind of gray and rainy so I contemplated whether or not I wanted to finish painting the furniture (which would require me to do in the basement with the garage door open to minimize the fumes) or if I wanted to sit on the couch and rest.
 
Big A and I both decided that I had done too much already that weekend and unless I wanted to end up a whiny, uncomfortable, painful mess like I was the night before, then I should just relax.
 
So, I threw some clothes in the laundry, ran the dishwasher, and sat my ass on the couch under a blanket and watched TV for hours uninterrupted.

I was NOT the only lazy person in the house yesterday.
 
My family came over for dinner and it was so good to just chat and joke with everyone. And while I love my family and had such a good time with them, I was ready for them to leave at the end of the night. I was TIRED.
 
I'm still learning my limits. And ignoring them. But I'm learning...a little.
 
And here we are, back to Monday. It's super quiet in the office today which I pretty much love so much. Now just counting down the days until the weekend again! The only thing we have planned is a birthday dinner for my SIL Sunday night, so the entire weekend is FREEEE! I'm pretty excited about that since we have had something to do every single weekend since the beginning of October.
 
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend as well!

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard to have these new limits when you are pregnant! Especially when you are use to doing the complete opposite! But glad you are sort of learning..;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVING the bump picture!! So cute! :)
    Not really loving the mask picture. It freaked me out. I probably would not have been able to sit at that table while she was wearing that.
    I can't wait to see the baby furniture all painted and done!
    Oh and I hope your cuddle partner is doing better throughout the night with wondering around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mask is so creepy yet hilarious. I can imagine feeling awkward the bar...I'm not even knocked up and I'm like, am I allowed to be here anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Glad you had a fun time on Friday night! And I can't wait to see how the furniture turns out! And I would have sat my butt on the couch too, haha! Good choice! Hope your Monday went by quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Little Somethings...